Re: The 'fastest' DORMANT Network
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

wifidude,

As wherder described, dormancy is not a programmed time limit that these devices have.  Your device is losing its connection to VZW due to another misc. reason.  I hope you can see that there is no answer to your question as you worded it.

There are lots of suggestions that we have posted on this issue if you care to look back.  The most effective tools that we can suggest are the resets, firmware updates, switching to 3G only or playing with amplifiers and antennas. 

If none of those suggestions can improve your experience then the hotspot is not likely going to perform any better in that area.  Its worth a shot to contact VZW to see if they can send you a replacement device and SIM.  However, if your problem is easily repeated with new hardware then don't worry about calling back for another replacement.  You would have to request that VZW send you a different model instead.

0 Likes
nlitend
Contributor - Level 1

You think maybe if 5 modems dont work and its just you having the problem maybe its your pc, or your lack of pc maintenence?  Because that what it sounds like, either that or environmental issues, foliage, metal roofing, thick brick walls, hard to say.  If they didn't care to help you wouldn't have gotten even one replacement.  Tickets close if they are proven to be not in need of fixing or nothing is wrong with the providers equipment.  And lol deducting money from your bill is only going to make reps snicker at how its still going to be posted and just end up on your credit report when it goes unpaid, it makes no difference what YOU deduct.  LOL they even had to edit your post because you could not act mature about it.

0 Likes
douglasswm

I too have this problem.  It is a real productivity problem.  Half the time I have to close everything down and restart the computer.  You would think that shutting down the program and removing the USB modem would be enough, but it often isn't.   Have a hard time believing this is not a fixable problem.  If they spent half as much time working on it as they spend telling me to check for updates that don't......

0 Likes