The new My Fi (Five)
ThomasWickham

Anyone with experience on connecting the new My-Fi wirelessly with out cable tethering?

0 Likes
Re: The new My Fi (Five)
stevecurrin

I have had 2 new devices in 2 weeks and I have had problems with both of them. The first one wouldn't "connect" to my computer, usb cable or wirelessly. The 2nd one will not let  other devices connect.

0 Likes
dimap
Contributor - Level 1

Geez, these MiFi devices are nothing but 3g modem card and a wifi bridge in a case. I guess they are just cheap pieces of junk. All come from China anyway. Quality of the assembled electronics all over the map I suppose, considering the cheap labor conditions over there.  Plus they have security problems and are easily spoofed and latched onto, so I'm not too keen on these things. I just wish verizon would let usb modems and netbooks with 3G cards had access to the full set of tablet data plans. To be arbitrarily device-selective as they are now is flatly unethical and should be investigated by the FCC (as if lobbyists for VZW/ATT would let them do anything to regulate these usurous prices).

0 Likes
Not applicable
There is absolutely nothing unethical about it. The capabilities of each device and limits of each plan are clearly spelled out. Unethical would be not telling you until after you bought it.
0 Likes