There's a map for that...and it's WRONG!
bcjammer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Where I live I'm SURROUNDED by red on verizons "3g coverage map".  AT&T is right...not only did verizon get their map wrong they got their own map WRONG!  I have ZERO bars and -120 EVDO and -117 1xrtt... -125 is no signal...-117 might as well be, you know how long it took me to get THIS one page loaded?  JUST as long as dial up.

So how exactly am I supposed to have BOUNTIFUL 3g evdo signal according to the map...but according to my phone and my usb760 I have NO signal?

I didn't plan on paying $70 a month for -117 1xrtt (which is BARELY good enough for posting in text only forums!)  Seriously, I'm paying $50 more for what is supposed to be BLAZINGLY faster than dial up...and it's not.

Verizon needs to redraw their map and include a lot more dead zones cause I'm apparently IN one.  Twenty minutes to get this ONE page to load and according to the map I'm surrounded by 3g coverage...what a joke.

WHAT GIVES?  can anyone explain to me how on verizon's map I SHOULD have such great signal but in real life (cell phone will actually drop calls, and I have literally zero bars on my wireless internet) I have NO signal?  Any one?

0 Likes
Re: There's a map for that...and it's WRONG!
Not applicable

You have 30 days to cancel your Verizon plan with no cancellation fees.

0 Likes
Deamorei
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jim are you a Verizon wireless rep or just a fanboi supporting them?

0 Likes
Jagger-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

While I agree it is frustrating to be dead in the middile of the red on our map, but yet still have no signal... the fact is, actually the science is radio frequencies and they are influenced by our surroundings and many other factors.  If our service is not working for you where you need it to work... please contact our technical support and then work to get yourself out of the service that does not work where you need it to and more importantly where we said it would work.  There should be no ETF as you only want the service to work and we apparently cannot supply that...   This happens at all wireless carriers as "wireless" does not in fact work everywhere...

0 Likes
Not applicable

I am a very satisfied customer trying to help other customers who have problems or questions.

0 Likes
bcjammer
Enthusiast - Level 2

right...thanks...that does little for me after the 30 days...nor does it help my problem.

0 Likes
bcjammer
Enthusiast - Level 2

the problem is I have 1-2 bars evdo, and I'm only getting 15 kb of data transfer instead of over 2 MEGA bytes.

I've talked to tech support 3x's and taken my usb and laptop into the store once.  The "tech" at the store told me to do the same things the tech over the phone told me to do.  Even when I said "I did this twice already..." I understand you have to try it yourself as the tech but come one...telling me to do the "options: activation" and then saying to shut the program down and restart it.  Come on man I've got a little more sense then that.

Any way it is still glitchy and when our 1 year contract is up in a few months we won't renew. 

It's not just a matter of no signal, but that combined with HAVING signal and still the **bleep** thing won't download more than a few measly kilobytes instead of megabytes.

Also I understand the complexities of radio frequencies...the map is still wrong though, if this were an uncommon occurance you could claim that, but this is a constant, even with our cell phones.  We aren't in a valley, there aren't even a lot of trees.  Unless the wind blowing is your next excuse for why the singal is horrible out here despite what the map is showing...then verizon needs to update that map...cause the wind doesn't effect the radio signal.

0 Likes
Doodle

I live 2000 feet from a tower. I can stand on my front porch and see it. I had very good service for the first 6 months. I was so happy with Verizon.

Then suddenly high usage amounts and no service. Most times I'm connected with NationalAccess no EVDO. Today I tryed to connect with National Access -103. Try loading Verizon website or any other website with that. You can't.

I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I think I've heard every crazy thing the Verizon people say it could be. The last one was it's not guaranteed to work indoors. I can't even get a good signal on my porch. I've given up but, I will not pay for overages and they know that. Now when I call in with overages I have no problem with them taking it off my bill.

I think they know their is a problem on their end and they don't want to fix it.

0 Likes
Hemingray
Enthusiast - Level 3

The USB760 seems to have a slightly weaker transceiver than my phone. I get 1-2 bars less service than my handset, I was able to remedy that by purchasing a booster antenna from eBay for around 20 bucks (plugs right into a small connector on the side of the 760, just remove the little rubber plug covering it). You may have luck with this, as I did.

0 Likes
aintigreat

If you have a 3G aircard or phone, chances are you've experienced the frustration of a weak signal at some point. Wireless carriers have greatly expanded their coverage over the past few years, but there are still many folks that have trouble getting a strong signal, whether it's because of trees, construction, mountains, interference, or simply distance from the tower. Luckily, in many cases you can improve your cellular signal by using an antenna or amplifier!  Read the article below and then give the 3gstore folks a call they can help.

http://3gstore.com/rssi

0 Likes