Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tired of Receiving TXT message on MIFI device
HaloQueen0216

I have had my MIFI for almost 11 months.  I was wondering if there is any way to remove the text message service from the device?? Random people keep texting my MIFI device and I get charged for it.  I did not ask for this service and when I try to go in and delete the texts I get charged $.25 per text.  I am scared to call Verizon b/c whenever I call their customer service they end up disconnecting my service or signing me up for something I do not want.

I just want to know if its possible to have this TXT Messaging service on my MIFI device removed without incurring any fees?

Is anyone else annoyed by this?

0 Likes
Re: Tired of Receiving TXT message on MIFI device
MorganB
To prevent your device from receiving text messages, Verizon Wireless offers a V-Block. V Block (also known as SMS block) will  prevent incoming and outgoing Text, Picture, Video, IM (Instant Messaging), PSMS (Premium Messages), EMS (Enhanced Messaging) and Mobile Web Alerts/other various alerts. There is not a fee to add the block to your account.
0 Likes