To purchase or not?
Travecca

I've been with Verizon since 1988 before it was Verizon, I've always had great reception with my phones in my office but this last month and a half now I've started getting dropped calls and very bad reception. I've called several time to resolve the issue but the outcome always comes back for ME to buy the Network Extender. After reading some of the problems, I'm worried that it may not work after a year and the fact that Verizon says I NEED to purchase It, is disturbing to me. Why should I have to pay for something that I'm paying Verizon for but, yet they can not supply me with. I had great coverage before. What do you feel about it?

0 Likes
Re: To purchase or not?
Loquat
Master - Level 1

If you've always had great reception and it's since faded...I'd ask VZW for some help ($$$) with the Network Extender if that's what they feel you need to get the service you're already paying for...OR I'd asked to be release from your contract so that you can go elsewhere. 

Before purchasing my current home I had great cell service at my previous place that had faded due to some changes made to the cellular antenna in my area...I called to get the problem resolved...VZW acknowledge the change and offered me an out of my contract or the network extender.  Just some options to ask them for when speaking with them...good luck to you.  BTW, the Network Extender was of little to no use for me...

Travecca

Verizon offered to take $75 off but that still leaves me with paying about $200 and I will don't feel like I should have to pay anything since I've already paying for the service and never had a problem with it before. I have three other people on my account and mine is the account manager.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

It is your decision to make whether or not to purchase the extender. If you think the price is too high, don't get it and either live with the insufficient service or search for another provider.

YES, you are paying for service and YES, Verizon is providing that service. Unfortunately, the service you are paying for does not guarantee service in any given location, ESPECIALLY in buildings. Whether or not you had it in the past does not mean much. Changes can take place outside of Verizon's control in your building which can affect service. Changes can take place outside of Verizon's control outside of your building which can affect service. It is your decision to make if the deterioration in service is worth it to purchase the extender and improve your service, live with the service as it is or to move on to another provider.Smiley Happy

It appears Verizon has told you how much they will lower the price of the extender. Since you did not take their offer, you may not be able to get that reduction in cost again.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I echo Loquat.  The extender, while it worked for me, when it worked...seemed somewhat incompatible with my LTE phone and a lot of features I couldn't use with it like Advanced Calling (HD Voice and talk/surf.)  If Verizon gives you an option to discontinue service, hold onto all your screenshots and call recordings.  Make sure you follow up at least 3 times with different reps to make sure the notes are on your account.  If you are let out of your contract, make sure to call back about 5 days after the close of the cycle, not the disconnect date (for which I suggest doing so on the day of or after cycle ending.  Also, do a lot of research BEFORE disconnecting to find a better provider, rate, equipment, whatever.  It will take a few phone calls to erase the ETF, if any.  That has to be manually erased as the system doesn't read notes, it only knows whether the bill was paid or service was cut.