Tracking Data on Novatel MiFi 4510L??
burnfromwithin

The company I work for had several of the Novatel 2200 MiFis and recently upgraded all of us to the new Novatel 4510L 4G MiFi devices.  One problem that I've noticed is that I cannot find a way to check the data usage directly through my MiFi.

On the old 2200s, you could fire up VZAccess Manager and it would tell you (after you connected) how much data you had used so far on your billing cycle and when your billing cycle ended.  VZAccess Manager doesn't work with this model, so that method is out.

I've looked through the user manual and the web interface of the 4510L trying to find anything but came up with nothing.  IIRC, the old 2200 actually had a counter in the web interface that had a running count of data usage which you could manually reset (was persistent across connections/boots), but the 4510L doesn't even have this :smileysad:

I can call/e-mail the employee in charge of these devices for the company and they can logon to the website and tell me the data used, but I don't understand why there isn't a simpler way to do it without bugging someone else.  Since all of these devices are on a company account, I don't believe we can all register our own MyVerizon accounts (if I am wrong on this, please let me know how to do it).

So - I'll end with a request for Novatel/Verizon - in a future firmware upgrade, please provide the ability to retrieve current usage.  At the very least, bring back the persistant usage counter that I could just reset on the first day of each billing cycle.  I know this probably isn't very important to you in the grand scheme of things, but I would sure appreciate it :smileyhappy:

-Nick

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Tracking Data on Novatel MiFi 4510L??
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Hello,

VZAccess is a known limitation for the MiFi 4510L.   See this thread for more info:

http://community.vzw.com/t5/4G-Discussion/VZAccess-Manager-for-MiFi4510L/m-p/537912#M2845

You can share the 1(800) number with your employees if they wish to check thier data usage on the fly.  Although checking through the phone is not as convenient as a website it does share the information that your users are looking for.  The 1(800) is really the best tool that we have at the moment.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Hello,

VZAccess is a known limitation for the MiFi 4510L.   See this thread for more info:

http://community.vzw.com/t5/4G-Discussion/VZAccess-Manager-for-MiFi4510L/m-p/537912#M2845

You can share the 1(800) number with your employees if they wish to check thier data usage on the fly.  Although checking through the phone is not as convenient as a website it does share the information that your users are looking for.  The 1(800) is really the best tool that we have at the moment.

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for the feedback and link, John_Getzke! Burnfromwithin, please let us know if this resolved your concern. Thanks!

0 Likes
HawaiiSteve

There should be a simple applet that continuously checks your account and tells you how much bandwidth usage your computer/device, and all other computers/devices have used so far during your billing period, individually and total for the device/account.

I consider this situation to be a SERIOUS lacking/missing feature that should have been created BEFORE 4G service and the MiFi 4510L were offered.  The FCC should REQUIRE all wireless providers to provide a VERY simple, automatic method of continuously diplaying bandwidth usage for each account, and for each device using the account.  This is NOT rocket science by any means.

Steve

0 Likes
burnfromwithin

Thanks for the info on the 1-800 number.  It's not ideal, but at least it gets the job done.

0 Likes