Trouble with pc connection
igotthelife

I have my usb760 plugged into a router. I can connect to this router (cradle point) with my laptop internal card. The problem I have is I cannot connect to the router with my PC. I had bought a wireless "MAXPower wireless N series" usb connect modem for the pc and have tried countless configurations to make it work. I am done with that product. What will work with my pc to connect wirelessly to the router? Another verison usb760?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Trouble with pc connection
Not applicable

You don't use a modem to connect to the CradlePoint router.  You simply need a wireless adapter or you could use a cat 5 cable if the CradlePoint router is close to your desktop computer.  The easiest way would probably be to purchase a USB wireless adapter and plug it into one of your desktop computer's USB ports.  You can use a G or N wireless adapter, but if you have the CradlePoint MBR 1000, you might as well get an N adapter.

I have a CradlePoint MBR 1000 with my Verizon USB760 plugged into it.  I also have my Charter cable plugged into the router.  I am connected wirelessly to two laptops.  It works great with absolutely no problems.  I have a Netgear wireless N adapter card plugged into each laptop.

0 Likes
Re: Trouble with pc connection
Not applicable

If you don't mind opening up your desktop computer, you can install an internal adapter.  Here's a link to a Netgear PCI adapter sold at WalMart.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5148142

0 Likes