UM-175 USB Modem Errors 692, 633 and 777.
james91911

Hello to all: My Verizon UM-175 modem works perfectly with my Windows 2K desktop and my Windows XP home EeePC netbook but will not hold a connection on my Dell 270 desktop running Windows 7 home premium. I downloaded and successfully installed VZ Manager Windows 7 drivers from the Verizon web site and VZ Manager recognizes my modem, phone number and successfully connects to the internet, then immediately disconnects showing Error 692 - hardware failure in the modem, or Error 633 - In use or not configured correctly or Error 777 - Modem out of order messages when I try to reconnect. If I close out of the VZ Manager and restart the computer, I can reconnect, but even if the VZ manager icon in the system tray shows "green" (connected) I will get an Error 404 no internet connection and if I try to disconnect, these same errors will then reappear. I have tried all of the Windows and Verizon troubleshooting techniques to no avail and settings in the Network Control Panel, Modem/Phone Control Panel and Device Manager shows correct configurations (as verified with both Verizon and Microsoft tech support) with no yellow exclaimation marks, question marks etc. I noticed some options in VZ Manager that allow for previous operating system settings, different screen resolutions, initialization string additions an so on, but I am not sure which of these, if any, I should try. Thanks for your time. james91911

0 Likes