UM175 Cannot create a wireless connection with standard user
Woolcoca

Currently, I have a Pantech UM175 which i installed with administrator.  Everything works great.  When I create a standard user and run the VZacess Manager it comes aback and tells me "  You do not have sufficient privileges on this computer to create a wireless connection".  I have also uninstall and gave the user admin rights and it works great.  When I remove admin rights it says "out of memory". 

What registry edit or rights I need to give thru computer/user configuration or local policy.  Any Help would be appreciated.  THANKS

Panasonic and Dell D630 

RAM:  4gb

0 Likes
Re: UM175 Cannot create a wireless connection with standard user
jefflaw

I have the same issue with a Pantech PC5750 card.  The only way to create a connection in VZAccess Manager is to logon to the computer with an account that has administrative privileges AND right click the VZAccess Manager icon, and choose "Run as administrator."  If I don't do BOTH of those, no connection will appear when VZAccess Manager opens.

I tried the following, all without luck.

1.  Added user to Power Users group

2.  Added user to the Network Configuration Operators group

3.  Gave user Full Control of Program Files\Verizon Wireless folder

4.  Enabled Internet Connection Sharing, and shared Verizon connection

I called Verizon Tech Support, but thaey said it's a Windows Vista issue.  There's nothing they can tell me to help.

Jeff

0 Likes