Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UM175 - Not able to connect to office network with VPN
rlong

I am having trouble connecting to my office network using this wireless card, UM175, and connecting with a VPN. I have the VPN set up the same as many other computers connecting to our server. Currently when I start VZAccess, I can access the internet and everything works fine. When I start my VPN to connect to my office server, it takes multiple tries with error 691 being returned. After two or three tries it connects. I can ping my computer from the server. I can ping my router and my server from my notebook with the UM175. However, I cannot do anything with the server. I cannot access the internet, access files from the server, or access any software on the server. I contacted IT and our administrators and they tested the system and VPN and state that there is a problem with the modem UM175. Is there some setting that I must set to make this work correctly. This is an urgent matter and must be working, or I will have to purchase another type of modem.

0 Likes
Re: UM175 - Not able to connect to office network with VPN
Aguster

Where are you located?  I'm in the Bay Area, CA and I was using the UM175 with my PPTP VPN without any problems.  However, I recently upgraded to the new 4G on Wednesday and now the PPTP VPN won't authenticate...errors on verifying user name and password.  I did a packet trace and found GRE packets are being dropped.  This is a Verizon issue and it appears their 4G upgrades have directly caused this problem.

There is another thread about this issue located here: http://community.vzw.com/t5/Broadband-Netbook-MiFi-Devices/LG-LTE-Modem-VPN-Not-Working/td-p/349846

0 Likes