UML 290 - CANNOT CONNECT ISSUE
jjaran

Hello,

What does it take to get Verizon to fix this? About 2 months ago I have had an error box pop up saying Connection Failed. Upon starting computer the first time it will connect and stay on. After that I have been told by Tech to disconnect and close the Access manager before closing the lid on my laptop. Sometimes this works. that is, the second time I open the access manager and click connect that box pops up and I have to close it out and reopen. Then it will connect and stay connected. ISN'T THIS FUN ? Tech says there is no known issue of this fault. LIARS ! I have had the 290 for a year and until recently was free of this fault.

Also, when I call 800-922-0204 ( I have no phone and call from Skype) after inputting my modem # etc. I get this fake woman recording: THIS VERIZON NUMBER IS NO LONGER IN SERVICE PLEASE CALL 800-922-0204  !

The second or third time I make attempts it finally will go through. I have notified Tech of this also to no avail.

Thumbs down for Verizon. NO ACCOUNTABILITY WHATSOEVER. NO ONE PASSES PROBLEMS ON TO HIGHER LEVELS FOR FIXES.

0 Likes
Re: UML 290 - CANNOT CONNECT ISSUE
pollix11
Contributor - Level 1

Try dialing *22899, it might help. Might not. I hope it does.

0 Likes
jjaran

That number does not work

0 Likes
UML 290 - CANNOT CONNECT ISSUE
pollix11
Contributor - Level 1

Hey JJran,

I'm sorry that that did not help. I still would like to help you figure this out. I'm thinking it may have something to do with the usb driver on your computer, or other settings. What type of computer do you have, also what Operating system? If the issue started happening two months ago spontaneously, it makes me think that it may have something to do with a software update or maybe software installed around that time? The more info you can give me about your computer system the better the chances are that I may be able to help you resolve this issue. I'm kind of a geek and love troubleshooting this type of stuff.

I look forward to hearing back from you,

Pollix11

0 Likes
jjaran

*Hi,

Thanks for the response. I was going to post a finding today. I had asked

about this at Tech but was told it wouldn't do much. It's changing from

Global to CDMA in the manager . I think it is in Network Selection on

Options but I see it greyed out now. Anyway, I did that a couple days ago

and also set it to connect auto. I had set it to manual connect for a

while thinking it would work better but it didn't. Now, if I remember

right, switching to CDMA before auto connect made it work.

I am in my RV and now am up near LA in the foothills and for the first

time I got 4G - 2 bars - I also have a Wilson Truckers antenna (5 db

gain)and 3 W amp. This stuff makes the modem work well in remote areas. A

must have. When switching to CDMA I get only 3G which is fine with me.

Several Tech people did not say anything about all this. Aggravating, when

one can't get the lowdown from the source.

================================

0 Likes
jjaran

*My computer is a new Samsung nf310 Netbook- dual core atom N 550 CPU- Win

7 home Premium.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for coming to our forum to inquire about the issue you have connecting your UML290!

I would like to ask if you are still having problems with the connection? If so, do you get an error code along with the error message?

Have you tried to power the Netbook off as well as the UML290? What about the UML290? Has it also been powered off and re-started?

Also, there was a software update that addressed concerns with data connectivity. If you have not updated your software yet, you can find the instructions here .

Since you have had problems connecting with us in the past via Skype, perhaps it would be beneficial for you to stop by one of our stores with your netbook and UML290 in order for us to troubleshoot it.

If this option doesn't work for you, feel free to direct message me and we can see how we can get this working for you.

Tamara H.

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jjaran

*Hi,

The Connection Failed error # was 2107 and 2100(?) unspecified. I did shut

down and restart a couple times but at the time that did nothing. Of

course, having to at least close out the access manager twice before being

able to connect is not good at all.

I am in my RV and now up near Irvine,ca in the foothills and as noted in

my last post after switching to CDMA and auto connect the problem has

cleared up. Again, it is 3G only now because of that change.

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 8:43 AM, TamaraH_VZW H<community@verizonwireless.com

0 Likes
jjaran

UPDATE - I still have it set to CDMA.( don't know if this is necessary except I don't ever call international.) I have it set to auto connect.- Now I saw that when doing this a box said that this is an 'always on' setting even with the Access Manager closed and the computer shut down. After starting the computer and/or closing and opening the lid of my laptop with the Access manager still closed it will automatically connect and no failure to connect error occurs. Isn't that Special ! To know that all the tech people could not tell me that ever is wonderful isn't it ? Where did I ever see an instruction manual on the proper use of all this? Nowhere you say? Isn't that extra Special ! To think I had to open the Access manager first to allow auto connect. I must be DUMB.

0 Likes
sjk92252

I am having the same issue with my UML290, I'll be lucky if I am able to finish this email befor I get disconnected. It is  a pain in the ass. I went to the verizon store yesterday and the CSR told me it's because my area, Joshua Tree, Ca is going from 3G to 4G. This has been an ongoing problem even before the switch. I told him I will give it a week or two more than I am gonna swap out my 290 for a new one.

0 Likes