Re: UML290 4G Device
paigetime

Same problem, except I don't even get 10 minutes most of the time. I had a UM175 and it worked great all over the state! It seemed to do a bit better on the Vista computer..The one running Windows 7 gets a few minutes at best. I have tried this in 4 locations and get the same result. Trying both the power setting and changing from global to 3g. I haven't been able to get 4g even 1 time. Reloaded the software, tried the second machine... Called tech support, said my signal seemed good (nice, but not helpful). I guess if this continues I will have to go back to the UM175 and pay 10 dollars more for the same service I should get from this new 4g. Very disappointed with this. Been connected for 17 min since I made the changes - so far that beats anything in the last 2 days. Maybe locking to 3g is the answer.

0 Likes
Butcherie

Same problem here, am mainly in 3G area. Locking into 3G helps but doesn't solve the problem for me. Waiting for real answers from Verizon. Previously use UM175 never had any problems.

0 Likes
bulldog485

I'm so frustrated with this issue...  I had the LG card and exchanged it for the Pantec UML290.  Really getting ticked here...

If I'm in an area that is 4G/LTE the card might lock onto the LTE or might hit 3G/1X and if so, it will not connect to anything.  The card will show connected but I cannot access the internet.  

If I'm in an area that is marked as 4G/LTE on the Verizon map, I find that there is no real coverage in the area.  Come on Verizon, get your maps correct.  Barrington IL (60010) is maybe 10% 4G/LTE but the map shows 100%.  Same for the 3G but the signal is weak and non-existent in most cases.  Same goes for Cary IL (60013) and Fox River Grove (60023).  Lake Zurich and Palatine show 4G/LTE and it works there but Wauconda IL (60084) has poor coverage in 3G and no 4G even though they show it there.

I've had to lock my card into a 3G mode due to the hand-off issues.  I should not have to do this.

The auto-connect is also not functional.  I'm very computer literate and have trouble shot this issue with Verizon and by myself and it will not connect.  I have also tried the power fix and it is not working.

So right now, we are downloading an update but I'm doubtful that it will be fixed.  I'm very frustrated by all the issues that Verizon is having and the total lack of support that I feel that I'm getting.  I switched to these cards from SprintPCS.  While the Sprint card was slower in 3G, at least it worked in most areas.  This Verizon card is totally disappointing me.  

How about giving me some credit here for all my frustrations?  Not trying to get something for free but come on, this is getting old with the sheer amount of problems that these cards have.

0 Likes
bulldog485

And with the new update to VZW manager, my computer now will not recognize my UML290.  Cannot find the driver.  Have the disk in the drive and nothing.  This is ticking me off in ways that I cannot describe.  And of course, tech support is not working...

I will be surprised if I''m still a Verizon customer by the weekend's end.  Way to go Verizon...  Substandard product put to market before the bugs are worked out (again)...

0 Likes
NobodysFool

I surely grok what everyone here is saying. I downloaded the update a few nights ago - took me over four hours because I kept getting booted off the connection! Performance isn't any better - and now I'm getting some really interesting error messages, like "network registration denied." That's on top of EMC100, EMC604, connected - dormant (which is its own pile or problems), device not inserted, device cannot establish a connection, device cannot terminate the connection (when I'm not even connected at all) and VZ Access Manager is already running when I've closed out the application for some time. I spend over half my online time at home working through the disconnects, reconnecting, reconfiguring the device, and rebooting my PC. In exasperation I went to the public library today to use their WiFi - what a dreamy state that was! Noah, none of your suggestions work. Everything about powering down my PC is off. I've emailed Verizon customer service and expect a full refund on this device and contract. This is just unbelievable. PS It took me four reconnects to be able to post this reply. As I go to hit the post button for the final time, I've copied the text, checked the connectivity status, and am keeping my fingers crossed I don't get the boot before this text makes it online. I feel like I should contact a witch doctor and ask him to shake bones and make smokey offerings to the God of Ethernet in order to make this work.

0 Likes
Not applicable
Verizon should pull their 4G products from the market (if they haven't already), untill this is resolved.
0 Likes
tomn68

I was pretty happy once the latest VZAccess Manager was released that supported Macs so I was finally able to get this to work on a Mac.  However, when at the office (where I don't need access) I can successfully connect over 3G (no 4G access here).  Then when I'm in NYC, I see full bars for 4G attempt to connect and receive a Failed - Connection Error.  Happens every time.  I'm not sure even how to skip connecting to 4G and just go 4G while I try to work this out.

Any advice?

0 Likes
toughbook
Contributor - Level 1

I can honestly say that mine seems to be getting a little better, stable as time goes by. I am using the Pantech on a W7 laptop.

A couple of things that have me frustrated because I can't figure out why and how to fix it. In VZAM I am setup to where it auto connects. When running in 3G it does not work at all.

When I am on the road in a 3G area it's locked on like Alcatraz. Here is what's crazy. If I drive into a 4G area it dissconnects me, I hit reconnect and it connects to 3G, not 4 like it should. I have to unplug, plug it back in, and then it automatically connects to 4G with no problems, like it's supposed to.

So, to sum it up.

It only Auto Connects in 4G.

It will not switch over to 4G without unplugging the device 95% of the time.

Once I am in a 3 or 4G area it stays locked on very well. Not like before at all. So that end has improved.

If I could just express my opinion here for a moment in regards to the people that are wanting to cancel because of there issues. This is a 100% new Network, with 100% all new Devices, Software, Firmware, etc. There is so much involved in this it would spin our heads. I had no intention of this 4G technology working without any problems out of the gate when it was deployed. Verizon could have waited another 6 to 12 months for them to work all the bugs out but we would be yelling and screaming about why they have not deployed it yet. My point is nobody can win here. We just have to try our hardest to be patient and understanding. Believe me, Verizon does not want us having these problems. I am quite positive they are working very hard to correct them.

Don't slam for that, just trying to look at it from both sides a little bit.

0 Likes
moorsb

I guess this is the price you pay for bleeding edge technology.  

0 Likes
deloswilbur
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone having any luck fixing this?  Seems to have gone from bad to worse in last week.  Tech/customer support is actually just hanging up on me and closes any calls I open immediately with no work towards resolving them.

0 Likes