UML295 issue
gmagg
Contributor - Level 1

I very recently upgraded to the UML295 from the USB760.  On the old modem I was getting about 80-85 dbm average.  Now changing to 4g and a supposedly better modem, I am averaging 110-114 dbm.  I have not changed my antenna.  I haven't moved out of my office here in my home.  Nothing has changed except the modem.  Any ideas why I have such a low speed?  I was told that the Pantech would be a better modem and that going to 4g would speed things up.  Okay, who were they trying to kid.

0 Likes
Re: UML295 issue
gmagg
Contributor - Level 1

Forgot to add that it has a habit of disconnecting and also searching for the modem. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Gmagg,

I'd like to help you! The speeds on your device can be affected by many factors. What's your zip code? Are you on the indoors? Ensure you've downloaded the latest VZW access manager software for the new device on your computer. Here's a link to help http://tiny.cc/mhma4w.

Thanks,
EdW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport   

0 Likes
gmagg
Contributor - Level 1

Firstly, I am unable to reply on the discussion. Where is the reply button?

Second, I don't have the VZAccess Manager. I

have the Mobile Broadband Manager.

Again, where is the reply button on the forum discussion?

Thanks

0 Likes
gmagg
Contributor - Level 1

Okay, I figured out the "reply" issue. 

My zip is 55349

0 Likes
evdotech
Contributor - Level 1

Can you please do a site survey so we can get a better idea of what you RSSI info is, your issue could possibly be corrected with an Antenna, or amplifier etc.  First Lets have you do a site survey. Click Me

Anything over -105 dBm means no signal.

0 Likes
gmagg
Contributor - Level 1

Current RSSI( 4GLTE) : -112

It has been fluctuation between -109 and -113 most of the time.  It is not disconnecting like it was.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

evdotech wrote:

Can you please do a site survey so we can get a better idea of what you RSSI info is, your issue could possibly be corrected with an Antenna, or amplifier etc.  First Lets have you do a site survey. Click Me

Anything over -105 dBm means no signal.

Isn't it actually UNDER -105 dBm? The signal is displayed in negative numbers.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
gmagg
Contributor - Level 1

I did the speed test:  Download 10.67mbps  Upload 1.10mbps

0 Likes
gmagg
Contributor - Level 1

the lower the number the better signal

0 Likes