USB 727---Not working....need advice
casbug15

Hello all....I have been using the USB757 for almost 2 years and all of a sudden its not wanting to work right.  It keeps disconnecting me and then it locks up.  I was just wondering if it was the device or the computer I'm using it on.  The computer I have is a dell e510.  I have had this computer for about 4 years now.  I'm just needing a little advice on what to do.  Please and Thank-you.

0 Likes
Re: USB 727---Not working....need advice
blamiya1
Contributor - Level 3

From the USB 727 user manual, these are the troubleshooting steps that you have been given for issues that occur with this modem:

Troubleshooting

USB727 Modem

The following tips will help solve many common problems encountered while using the USB727 Modem:

-Make sure you are using the USB727 in the correct geographic region: a BroadbandAccess andAccess USB727 in the US.

-Ensure that the wireless network’s coverage extends to your current location.

-The wrong driver has been installed.

-System resources required by the USB727 Modem are being used by other devices.

-Network coverage is not available (either because you are outside the BroadbandAccess andAccess coverage area or because of an account or network problem).

-For issues related to the VZAccess Manager consult the VZAccess Manager User Guide, located on the installation CD

If everything is how it should be after you have went through these tips, then you may need to get your device evaluated to see if it has become defective. I hope that this is helpful to you!
This information came from the user manual by clicking on this link:
http://infomanagerdoc.ddc.vzwcorp.com/EQUIPMENT_GUIDE/equipment_guide/WEP/Manual/Verizon%20Wireless/... starting on page 19

0 Likes
gvbdad

blamiya1 wrote:

From the USB 727 user manual, these are the troubleshooting steps that you have been given for issues that occur with this modem:

Troubleshooting

USB727 Modem

The following tips will help solve many common problems encountered while using the USB727 Modem:

-Make sure you are using the USB727 in the correct geographic region: a BroadbandAccess andAccess USB727 in the US.

-Ensure that the wireless network’s coverage extends to your current location.

-The wrong driver has been installed.

-System resources required by the USB727 Modem are being used by other devices.

-Network coverage is not available (either because you are outside the BroadbandAccess andAccess coverage area or because of an account or network problem).

-For issues related to the VZAccess Manager consult the VZAccess Manager User Guide, located on the installation CD

If everything is how it should be after you have went through these tips, then you may need to get your device evaluated to see if it has become defective. I hope that this is helpful to you!
This information came from the user manual by clicking on this link:
http://infomanagerdoc.ddc.vzwcorp.com/EQUIPMENT_GUIDE/equipment_guide/WEP/Manual/Verizon%20Wireless/... starting on page 19

This link does not work. It is a intranet link to verizon

0 Likes
blamiya1
Contributor - Level 3

I do apologize that you were unable to open up the link that I provided for you. Here is a link that will allow you to download the PDF user manual for your modem. The troubleshooting tips will be on the same page  that I posted in the previous message: http://www.phonedog.com/products/novatel-usb727-modem/manual/

0 Likes