USB 760 - can't activate on a macbook pro
oystergirl

Recently purchased a Verizon USB 760 modem. Have successfully loaded it onto a macbook and now trying to load onto my macbook pro work laptop - running 10.5.8.

Downloaded software off the modem no problem but when I went to run the Setup Assistant it came up with an error message saying Account Creation Unsuccessful. Called Verizon tech support who talked me through uninstalling and reinstalling which didn't work. They said there should have been a button that allowed me to delete the Verizon Wireless setting - but there was no delete button on that dialog screen (which they said they hadn't seen before...?).

Suggested something wrong with my laptop, so I passed to our IT dept who said no reason it shouldn't install - but they couldn't get it to work. Called Verizon tech support back who then suggested I delete all of the port config files - which my work IT had already tried.

Now when I plug it in the laptop no longer recognizes the modem. Software still installed - but no connection to the modem.

Called Verizon back who are now saying there's no other support they can offer. The modem does work fine on my other laptop. It's not a port issue and there should be no other reason (according to our IT team) it doesn't work... Wondering if anyone can help? Can't seem to find any similar issue on the forums....

thanks!

0 Likes
Re: USB 760 - can't activate on a macbook pro
Fura

Some suggestions:

Under the apple menu click on "about this Mac" and then "more info" to see if your Mac is recognizing the modem.  If not, try putting the modem in a different USB slot. 

Fabache

0 Likes
Re: USB 760 - can't activate on a macbook pro
oystergirl

Thanks, but already tried that. The USB ports are seeing other devices just fine - not the 760 modem. Anyone have any other thoughts - this is driving me crazy and Verizon not helping by not offering any other solutions.

thanks

0 Likes