USB 760 conflicts with wireless LAN?
kinsey
Enthusiast - Level 2

My husband has his office downstairs and mine is upstairs.  Until now we have used Hughesnet for internet access and have a wireless router which allows us to share printers.  I have one printer attached to my computer but another I access through wireless router.   I just deep sixed Hughesnet and bought a 760 USB - it works great - love it.  But - I can no longer print to my wireless printer.  Keep getting communications errors.  The wireless router is I think a D Link.  I am not terribly pc savvy so forgive me if this is a **bleep** question.  I can connect the second printer directly to my computer but then my husband could not access it. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: USB 760 conflicts with wireless LAN?
techismylife
Contributor - Level 1

The reason your printers were workign with Hughesnet is cause they were working off of that IP address from the Satellite connection, the moment you dropped them boom their goes your printer, you will need to reconfigure your printers  i would reinsert the Printer CD in each computer and reconfigure, if it turns out you need a wireless connection you might look into getting one of these http://www.3gstore.com/ctr350 it will allow you to plug in your existing USB760 and at the same time connect wirelessly via printers, and use the the wireless network on more than 1 computer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: USB 760 conflicts with wireless LAN?
techismylife
Contributor - Level 1

The reason your printers were workign with Hughesnet is cause they were working off of that IP address from the Satellite connection, the moment you dropped them boom their goes your printer, you will need to reconfigure your printers  i would reinsert the Printer CD in each computer and reconfigure, if it turns out you need a wireless connection you might look into getting one of these http://www.3gstore.com/ctr350 it will allow you to plug in your existing USB760 and at the same time connect wirelessly via printers, and use the the wireless network on more than 1 computer.

0 Likes