USB720 Broadband Access Trouble- Device / hardware
pi

Hello, I am positive that there are a million other messages on this forum about the same thing. I don't quite have the time to sift through all of them.

We have the USB720 usb router thingy and in the last two days it seems to have crapped the bed. I'll plug it into the normal usb ( not rough, we take care of it ) and it will not be recognized by the VZ manager.

It is only recognized by the manager if I do the following:

Task manager > end process. because it I exit out of it like a normal program it will not recognize the hardware.

Unplug the usb

plug it back in

wait... twiddle my fingers.

voila! It's on. But it will only stay connected for about 3 minutes and then it goes idle and will not continue the connection.

I plugged it into a different usb with an extension ( since it cannot be plugged into the others due to its size ) and it's actually been working alright, but I've not refreshed anything yet. It's just blinking randomly as it always does, but seems to go idle more often now.

This seemed to start happening after a power failure which the power was restored within seconds after losing it. Maybe that's the problem? It was plugged into our wireless router at the time and connected to xbox live. It worked completely fine until EXACTLY 12:00 and then the router wouldn't let my connect regardless of having the vz card plugged into it.

I know for a fact it was not anything that I did, which is why I want to get this fixed and not be blamed for it's unfortunate (yet foreseeable ) downfall. It's old, that's my take on it.

Thank you for listening. The router seemed to start sucking just as this did, which I really don't see as any coincidence.

0 Likes
Re: USB720 Broadband Access Trouble- Device / hardware
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Try changing the power management settings on your computer.  

1. Open Device Manager.

2. Double-click the type of device for which you want to change power management settings.

3. Right-click the specific device you want, and then click Properties.

4. On the Power Managementtab, change the power management settings.

Copy and paste the link below into your browser's address bar for more information.  

If the problem persist try uninstalling and reinstalling the VZAccess manager software.  
0 Likes