USB760 Disconnects Daily - ARGH!
Netbones

I have a remote home running a system that can only get internet access via the Verizon USB 760 stick (ok, I could get a dish based solution but they are more expensive). I need a system there to be continually on the internet.  However, on a daily basis it disconnects from the network.  

1) Is there a setting to keep it connected at all times? I thought about have a constant ping stream going to keep it "active" but that would also increment my usage which I need to preserve.

2) Is this a known problem?

Any help is appreciated. Unfortunately I can't just go there, the home is 8 hours drive away.

Thanks - Jim 

0 Likes
Re: USB760 Disconnects Daily - ARGH!
tobaccoman6624
i currently use my Huawei EC228 from alltel  and it disconnects every 12 hours or so or about twice a day. That is the standard IMO for data cards. You see the companies really dont want you to use the service as a primary connection. DSL is the only internet service I know of that is truly a stay on all the time service. Satellite may be as well. Wireless cell phone data cards are not.
0 Likes
Re: USB760 Disconnects Daily - ARGH!
Netbones

It shouldn't make a difference to the ISP if I use this as a primary or adhoc device - for them it's better if I do use it primarily since I would probably go over the 5Gb limit and get charged more.  Nowhere in the contract does it state that it can't be used the way I am, and it also doesn't state anything about disconnecting due to inactivity.

Does anyone know of a timeout setting, either in the registry or in the app? Anyone else having this problem?

0 Likes