Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
USB760 Disconnects Daily - ARGH!
Netbones

I have a remote home running a system that can only get internet access via the Verizon USB 760 stick (ok, I could get a dish based solution but they are more expensive). I need a system there to be continually on the internet.  However, on a daily basis it disconnects from the network.  

1) Is there a setting to keep it connected at all times? I thought about have a constant ping stream going to keep it "active" but that would also increment my usage which I need to preserve.

2) Is this a known problem?

Any help is appreciated. Unfortunately I can't just go there, the home is 8 hours drive away.

Thanks - Jim 

0 Likes
Re: USB760 Disconnects Daily - ARGH!
tobaccoman6624
i currently use my Huawei EC228 from alltel  and it disconnects every 12 hours or so or about twice a day. That is the standard IMO for data cards. You see the companies really dont want you to use the service as a primary connection. DSL is the only internet service I know of that is truly a stay on all the time service. Satellite may be as well. Wireless cell phone data cards are not.
0 Likes
Re: USB760 Disconnects Daily - ARGH!
Netbones

It shouldn't make a difference to the ISP if I use this as a primary or adhoc device - for them it's better if I do use it primarily since I would probably go over the 5Gb limit and get charged more.  Nowhere in the contract does it state that it can't be used the way I am, and it also doesn't state anything about disconnecting due to inactivity.

Does anyone know of a timeout setting, either in the registry or in the app? Anyone else having this problem?

0 Likes