Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
USB760 Keeps disconnecting even after VZ rep help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EStack

Computer:
Sony VAIO VGN-FW455J

Vista 64-bit

Updated completely.

I had a miniSD card in the card just as storage for a few things(like the updated software just in case I needed it in the future and did not have internet capability).

Well it kept disconnecting me after 10 minutes or so. Even on websites and I do gaming on this aircard and have only recently noticed problems. Called Verizon up and the rep. had me uninstall the programs. Restart computer. Reinstalled the original software. Then run Activation....well it failed so she had me update the software. It worked for like 30 minutes now its like every 10 minutes I get disconnected. It is really aggravating to the point that sometimes the program will not fully exit. I have to go into Task Manager and under Processes and there it is VZAccess running and the program is not even visible in the Programs tab. So I end process and just start. I keep repeating this process as I am currently not able to get a secure line since I'm military so I'm moving a lot and this is the easiest way for me to connect to stay in touch with family and keep myself occupied.

Anyone else having this problem? Could it be a specific windows update that is kicking the card to disconnect from the internet yet it stays 'connected' just under 'Local Only.' I also noticed that the card gets HOT just after a few minutes of use.

By the way it disconnected while I was typing this post.

0 Likes
Re: USB760 Keeps disconnecting even after VZ rep help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not applicable

I have no idea what's causing your problem, but I find my USB760 seems to work better when plugged into my CradlePoint router.  I then connect my laptop wirelessly to the router.  This way, I don't have to use the VZAccess software.  I also have an antenna plugged into the USB760 for better signal reception.

0 Likes