USB760 & Linux: memory card usable?
endjinn
I've been thinking about getting the USB760 modem for my netbook, but I would like to be able to use the memory card capability as well as the modem functionality.  From the instructions I've found online, the only way to use the modem is to "eject" the card.  Are there any support docs/instructions on how to get the memory card functionality working along with the modem?
0 Likes
Re: USB760 & Linux: memory card usable?
ulfj
There shouldn't be any problem using a aircard for instructions you may want to post on a linux forum,I use Ubuntu and had no problem installing it.Remember with any Linux distro you can't use the disc to install the drivers,just click on the network manager and fill in your info.
0 Likes
endjinn

Please re-read the original question and determine how that applies here.  See this:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6629539

All instructions I have found force the memory card to be "ejected".  I shouldn't have any problems getting the modem to work.  However, the device needs to "be ejected" in order to get the modem to work.

So, to state again:  is there any way to get the memory card and modem capability working under Linux?

0 Likes
Jagger-VzW
Contributor - Level 2
Unfortunately it does not support Linux.
0 Likes
Jagger-VzW
Contributor - Level 2
Not sure why that posted in huge font, it was not intentional. 
0 Likes
endjinn
Novatel states that the device is supported in Linux, though.  Is it just not supported by Verizon under Linux?
0 Likes
rancone

We have the older i think 727 usb novatel modem - same story from Verizon - but the local unic mechanic has it up and running real sweet.

Wil this be the same story - not supported but not to hard to get up and running with due diligence.

0 Likes
rustynail
Good question.  The page that lists the USB760 (and the other cards) specifically says Linux.  Because of that, I am just about to click the button to order.  More clarification of what is and what is not supported under Linux would be nice.  Certainly would not want to get into a contract for something I cannot use.
0 Likes