USB760 = dialup?
Redkn1ght

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/wnxredkn1ght/verizonspeedtest.jpg   

this is just a preview of the crap speeds i been dealing with since verizon bought out alltell on top of this the net is rather unreliable drops alot .. oh did i tell ya i live less then 1/2 mile from there tower

0 Likes
Re: USB760 = dialup?
buhgey

I hate to say it, but posting here does no good.  I have the same problem as you.  A Verizon employee had PM'd me stating there was a outage in my area.  But this has been going on for nearly a year.

They will not do anything about it.  Keep calling and complaining.  It gets me $30 off my broadband bill.  It seems all Verizon is full of is one excuse after another.

On another note, Frontier bought the Verizon landlines around here, so here's to hoping I can get some sort of wire-based broadband.  Verizon wouldn't.

Good luck getting your issue resolved.

0 Likes
suckered

I think I've been throttled back by verizon when I upgraded to the 760.  A couple months ago my wife called to complain (again) for the dropped cell phone calls and the lousy connectivity problems with our pantech175.  The rep she spoke with conviced her to upgrade to the USB760 which she did - paid the early upgrade fee, etc.  - it was my fathers day gift.  He told her that she would be entitled to a 30 day trial period.  I did some internet research which confirmed that the usb760 is much better in almost every feature than the pantech and that it should provide a tremendous performance improvement over the pantech.  What I found instead, is that as soon as Verizon activated the USB760, my average transfer rate dropped to dial-up speeds. After getting the 760 activated, I found that my transfer rate dropped by about 75% from the pantech.   My connection is just about useless - it took me over 20 minutes waiting for pages to open just to get to this page to post.

I am conviced that Verizon is manipulating accessiblity because thay have oversold their capacity.  My dad called them and asked about subscribing with them for wireless internet and they told him that they were full and could not accept any new customers in this area.

I am very angry and feel that the are charging for services that they do not provide.  I live withing a couple moles of their tower but 30%-40% of all calls get dropped, and like I said, my internet transfer rate averages between 20-30, about the same speed I had with dial up years ago.

0 Likes
Redkn1ght
http://speedtest.net/result/905462811.png this is my current speed test as of today.. same crap for 65 a month im surpised someone hasnt got them for false advertisement xD
0 Likes
I dont have that issue here is what I have done NexAira Business Class II
techismylife
Contributor - Level 1

I just did my speed test here is my setup:

Verizon Mifi connect to a  NexAira Business Class II Router or Cradlepoint Router I have the MBR1200 at home. 

Thats it you can get more info and order these router and antennas if you like from http://www.3gstore.com

Here is my speeds

[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/925476753.png[/IMG][/URL]

0 Likes
Re: I dont have that issue here is what I have done NexAira Business Class II
jim101

So if I hear you right you are saying that your signal and therefore your speed is better just by virtue of pluging the modem into the cradlepoint  as opposed to right into the notebook? Are you using an antenna?

0 Likes
techismylife
Contributor - Level 1

No i dont have an external antenna the purpose of the rotuer is to position it in the strongest point in your house that can be in the attic, on the wall heck even on the ceiling once you find the strongest point or lowest rssi then you can mount it set your card in it and not worry again.  I am giving you my example and thats all take it for what its worth my speeds dont lie.

cheers

0 Likes
jim101

I appreciate the info. I just recieved and antenna in the mail to try to increase the signal and it does little for me but it improves the signal from -104 to -94 at least. I have not tried the attic yet but that is next. This antenna is the cheap one on the verizon site and i know it isnt going to be the answer to my problems but will help in finding out what my situation requires I hope.

0 Likes
techismylife
Contributor - Level 1

If you got the antenna from verizon .....mmmmm good luck..... check this site out for info on antennas and how they can help you http://www.3gstore.com/rssi

0 Likes
PHATSPEED7X

I'd hate to say it but broadband internet isn't the fastest thing in the world. It will never replace a regular internet connection...

0 Likes