USB760... works when I install it, then when I plug it in again it "doesn't exist"
Jhyett

I just got the USB760 broadband stick yesterday, I installed everything and got online just fine.  In fact it has an amazingly fast connection, better than I thought it would be.  So I activated everything and then when I logged off the internet and pulled out the device only to plug it back in a few hours later it just says "device not detected"  I ran several device searches for it but it didn't register.

I called support and was told it was probably a bad installation and to uninstall the software, restart the computer, then reinstall it.  I did.  It detected everything and I was yet again on the internet with a great connection.  Just to see if it would happen again I logged off, unplugged it, plugged it back in... AND THE SAME THING HAPPENED!!!  So, yet again I uninstalled/reinstalled and was back online just great.  I'm taking college online classes and decided to finish all my coursework for the day before fiddling around with the modem stick again.  Wouldn't you know when I unplugged it and put it back in it still wouldn't register.

So, how do I make my computer recognize this device after being unplugged?  The initial "plug ins" work great, I don't see why it's doing this three times in a row.  I'm not computer savvy so any elementary explanations or advice would be greatly appreciated

I'm using it with a 17" Compac Presario A900 notebook with Windows Vista and I have the 5g plan if that info helps.  Right now it's working great, but I don't want to leave it plugged in all the time to avoid the annoyance of reinstalling every time I need to go to "class".

What are the possible dangers of leaving it plugged in for an extended time?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: USB760... works when I install it, then when I plug it in again it "doesn't exist"
carrollmc1959

Are you using the ""Safely Remove Hardware" icon in the system tray to remove the modem?  I don't know if that's related, but it's the way I remove mine when I'm done with it.  I'm running WIndows XP Pro w/SP3 on an AMD Sempron/ASUS motherboard combination, and it works just fine on my system.

0 Likes
Re: USB760... works when I install it, then when I plug it in again it "doesn't exist"
WhyFi

I have the exact same problem.  The installation was successful, and I use it almost every day.  However, it takes FOREVER for thedevice to be detected.  Sometimes I have to remove and reinstert the device.  Sometimes it takes literally five minutes for it to be detected.  The "DETECT DEVICE" button never provides any help.  There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason for when it's going to work and when it's not, when it's going to take 15 seconds and when it's going to take five minutes.  It's really kind of a pain in the rear.

0 Likes
Downy

I don't know much, but do shut down VZ mobile wireless before u unplug?

0 Likes