Unable to access a server using internet
ROFLstomper

Hi, I get service in the wonderful state of Illinois, and I find that I'm unable to access one of my servers using internet from my wireless boradband connection, nor from using internet access from my Palm Pre Plus. One of the sites on said server is located at http://stats.dproj.info/ and when I try accessing it from either device, I get the following error:

HTTP ERROR:504

Gatewa Timeout

RequestURL=http://stats.dproj.info/

I've tried flushing out dns for my computer but to no avail. I can traceroute the connection and ping the server's ip address, but I can't do anything else. It's been going on for a few weeks now and I'm not sure what could be done to fix it. Please note that my systemadmin has checked to see if any of my IPs have been blackholed, but he didn't come up with anything.

I'd call this in, but I don't know how well I would fare with tech support over this DNS issue and with a busy work schedule, I wouldn't have much time to talk. Hope a rep can help resolve this. :smileysad:

0 Likes
Re: Unable to access a server using internet
archerx

i too am having this issue with my droid incredible internet access and wi-fi hotspot.  i can reach the site in question fine with my tablet and pc on my home road runner internet connection but if i try to use the hot spot function on my incredible i cant hit the site on the tablet or my phone browser.  i get the 504 gateway error.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello archerx!

Thank you for the post! I love having the hotspot feature on my device! I know we need to get yours working! First, are you able to connect to the Internet on your actual phone? Second, have you logged into My Verizon to make sure you have the mobile hotspot feature? Did the feature ever work? Have you reset your phone in any way? Let us know so we can help!

Talk to you soon,

Katie H
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
archerx

This thread had nothing to do with the function of my hotspot feature. It has to do with a problem with verizons network not letting us access sites

While using the data package on our phones. We can access the sites just fine with any other internet provider or mobile broadband provider except verizon. This issue is popping up alot with others. It seems to be a possible DNS issue with Verizon. Just google verizon 504 error and you will see.

Hopefully it gets resolved soon. Its very fustrating.

-

Verizon Wireless Customer Support <community@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

Verizon Wireless Customer Support created the discussion

"Re: Unable to access a server using internet"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/800543#800543

>

0 Likes
Lorilaws

I've been having the same problem for over a week now. I've had a ticket open on the issue since last Thursday 3/29. Nothing has been done. I'm beyond frustrated.

0 Likes
wilanddij

Same problem on my Stratosphere.  Websites that work on many wired and wireless networks (verified personally by me) will not connect through the 4G LTE hotspot (4 bars here) provided by the phone.  This problem did not happen when I traveled to this same location around Easter time this year.  Katie H wants to help, but this thread has no input from her since April 5th, so it appears she doesn't want to help too much.  May we get an update???

0 Likes