Unique hotspot problem
baraal1739

I recently was issued a replacement internet hotspot when the old one went on the fritz. My problem is now when I try to connect certain devices, the password on the back of the new card does not work. Is the password from the original card still the active pw? How would I go about getting that info? Didnt write it down anywhere, just flipped it over when I needed it.

0 Likes
Re: Unique hotspot problem
EpJayhawks12
Contributor - Level 1

What type of device do you have?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Maybe you need to do a factory reset on the new device.  It's probably a "refurbished" device that the previous owner changed the password.

0 Likes
baraal1739

The 4G LTE Hotspot, SCH-LC11 FA52

0 Likes
Unique hotspot problem
baraal1739

Also, I've done a couple manual resets (Open the case, push and hold button) since getting this one, but yes, it is a refurb. So what is it that I need to do a factory reset then?

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

When you recieve a new MiFi the default password will change.  The new device should have come with a replacement sticker that you can use to cover up your old sticker on the back door.

Some models of hotspots keep a backup sticker underneath the battery.  Open up your hotspot and take a look and try the value that is posted. If that doesnt work you will have to contact VZW and ask them to look up your new default password.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having the wifi password is very important to using your device barral1739. You can view this information inside the battery portion of the device as John Getzke advised. I have listed somet steps below:

1)Remove the battery cover.
Utilizing the provided slot, carefully lift then detach the cover.
2) View the default SSID and Wi-Fi / Admin Password located on the label.
3)Replace the battery cover.

4)Press in on the cover to lock it into place.

Note: If the Admin Password is changed and forgotten, performing a hard reset will restore the default settings printed on the external label.

I hope the information above is helpful. If you still need assistance, let us know and we will do all that we can to ensure you have the information you need.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Remove the battery cover.
0 Likes
Unique hotspot problem
baraal1739

Cha-ching! Hidden label has the correct info, thanks!

0 Likes