Re: Unlimited Plan throttled and punishment for overage
thepres69
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just talked the Neighbor into getting Cricket for their fixed base operation... unlimited data.... gonna help them with their signal reception this afternoon... they are exstatic since the last thing they had was dial up. We are definitely in the sticks. I did talk to Gonzales at Verizon... I think I enlightened him when he offered me a 5gig plan and new equipment.. I asked him how much my 8Gig useage would have cost me last month.... It took him awhile but did figure out the math and said he could understand where I was coming from... (by the way it would have cost 150 bucks more for the 3 Gig overage). He is sending me some more documents about my current unlimited plan.

Still looking at a class action lawsuit and other options.

0 Likes
lkentn

Isn't this whole thing ridiculous. A couple of days ago, I spoke to Verizon Customer Service and asked this person what "Unlimited" meant to them. The rep replied that it should mean UNLIMITED! Even many of the Verizon people are having trouble supporting their throttling down program. As a full-time RVer, the Verizon network is best for me; but, one day a competitor will come along with as good a network and a better program and I will switch so quickly. It amazes me just how arrogant these companies can be. And, Verizon has been so good for us for so long but nothing lasts forever. I don't know if any Verizon management ever read any of their customer posts on this forum; but, they should!

0 Likes
lkentn

Oh, there's that word UNLIMITED DATA again in the article in the Wall Street Journal discussing Verizon's attempt to lure Apple Iphone users from AT&T. Read the article at: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703667904576072110862862244.html

0 Likes
creekside2

I am having this same problem with my broadband, but we are also having a lot of dropped calls on our cellphones. We never had that problem with Altel. Does this affect the phones too?

I know two other people in different directions from town having this problem too. One is a student who had enrolled in an online course so she wouldn't have to drive 45 miles a day to class. She's now having to drive.

0 Likes
creekside2

I've never gotten one of these emails. So far I have not been charged an overage fee but I really don't think I am going over and am having the same problems with connection and speed.

0 Likes