Unlimited plan does not qualify as 10gig plan
thepres69
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't  you think an Unlimited long term customer should fall under the same rules and services as a 10Gig customer?

Do you feel that these unlimted customers are just cheating Verizon by not upgrading their equipment (added cost to Verizon) and not signing 2 year contracts (locking them into Verizon for two more years) thus allowing them to just  use up all the precious bandwidth for only 60 bucks a month?

Verizon is trying to force unlimited customers into 2 year contracts and 5gig or 10 gig plans...

0 Likes
Re: Unlimited plan does not qualify as 10gig plan
thepres69
Enthusiast - Level 2

Keep getting responses privately from a OsheaG at verizon asking me to verify account before they will help me and I keep asking them to respond publicly for all of the unlimited data customers.

I responded "Not sure what you need... this is an open forum you can respond there... needing a copy of the business model, company policy etc that you are using to cap unlimited data plan customers when they exceed 5 gig useage..."

0 Likes
Not applicable
Your post sound more like you are a shill from another cell provider than an unhappy Verizon customer. You continue to point out other companies that have unlimited data plans. Most of us know/realize than Verizon no longer offers unlimited data plans and it seems like they would prefer for the few remaining customers who have those plans to convert to a current plan of 5 GB or 10 GB. I suggest you either keep your current plan and stop complaining, convert to a new plan, or switch to another provider.
0 Likes
thepres69
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jim you sound like someone that doesn't believe in free speech and the American way of life. I believe that one voice can change things and I am here to enlighten those and try and introduce change for the good of all man,,,, now I sound like a teacher or worse yet a Professor.

I am just an unhappy customer that has found a way to voice my opinions.

If I have to bite the bullet and dump my hard earned money on yet another service providers equipment and upgrade my equipment so that I can have internet access in a rural area then I guess I will but I will make sure those that are viewing my posts know there are other options before they invest their honestly earned dollars and sign two year contracts for something that is not full value.

Thanks though... do you know of an unlimited plan that has 1.3 meg speeds in Archie Missouri that will use this 720 usb modem, KR1 router, home made dish antenna on a 30 foot tower?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend
It always seems to me that when a person doesn't want anyone to show disagreement with THEM, they always bring up the FREE SPEECH argurment. Almost as if you do not want Jim to have free speech if it is an opposing view to yours.

I could really care less one way or the other.

What I do disagree with is people like you wanting people to believe that you have the RIGHT to free speech on this website. You don't. This site is not about free speech. It is a moderated website with ALL posts subject to EDITING by the website moderators. You agreed to these RESTRICTIONS(see, not free speech) when you signed up, or at least you pressed the "AGREE" button while crossing your fingers and not reading the terms of service. You do not have ANY RIGHT OF FREE SPEECH on this website. You  are here with the consent and oversite of Verizon. Just as when you are on ANY website you do not own.

Now, continue on...:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Not applicable
Does your two year unlimited contract say anywhere that Verizon is obligated to provide you with unlimited data for infinity? I don't think so. Unlimited data is a thing of the past for most major providers. You talk about the American way. I understand and value the concept of the free enterprise system where a company is free to provide a product or service and a customer is free to buy it or not. You can **bleep** and moan all you want, but you are not the first, nor will you be the last person to complain about this. If I was Verison, I would require all customers with expired contracts to renew with a currently offered plan or suspend their service.
0 Likes
lkentn

thepres69 wrote:

Jim you sound like someone that doesn't believe in free speech and the American way of life. I believe that one voice can change things and I am here to enlighten those and try and introduce change for the good of all man,,,, now I sound like a teacher or worse yet a Professor.

I am just an unhappy customer that has found a way to voice my opinions.

If I have to bite the bullet and dump my hard earned money on yet another service providers equipment and upgrade my equipment so that I can have internet access in a rural area then I guess I will but I will make sure those that are viewing my posts know there are other options before they invest their honestly earned dollars and sign two year contracts for something that is not full value.

Thanks though... do you know of an unlimited plan that has 1.3 meg speeds in Archie Missouri that will use this 720 usb modem, KR1 router, home made dish antenna on a 30 foot tower?

I just put my copious comments about my similar problem on Facebook for everyone to see. I am sure there are other blogs we can post to as well. This is more than one voice, my friend!

0 Likes
thepres69
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tea Party For Verizon! Join the movement.... welcome aboard.

0 Likes
Not applicable
It's not a Tea Party concept, it's an American concept. I am as far away from the Tea Party as you can get.
0 Likes
lkentn

OK guys; so it's an American Tea Party.

Right now, Verizon is advertising the benefits of their new 4G Network and talking about downloading songs in just seconds and streaming movies from companies like Netflix. You want to know how long it would take to blow through your 5 gig limit on the 4G Network. Probably less than two hours is my guess! Then you could crawl at .2 mbps for the rest of the month; how cool is that? I can't believe less than two weeks ago I was extolling the virtues of Verizon Wireless and my new MiFi device on Facebook; today on Facebook I have a long note posted for everyone to view concerning this 5 Gig limit. How quickly things change.

I just joined this online community today but Verizon will probably have enough of me by the end of the day and boot me off.

0 Likes