Unlimited plans coming soon?
jonathan140

I currently have the 4G LTE for the Mifi and i found out a few weeks ago that Verizon upgraded their towers where i live. I used to only get about 10-100KB/S now i get 1-2MB/S so now i'm downloading allot of stuff. I'm doing like 15GB Data a month now, and my plan is only 10GB a month. So i'm paying 150$ a month. I'm just wandering if anyone knows anything about unlimited plans for Mifi. If its coming out this year or if its coming out at all.

0 Likes
Re: Unlimited plans coming soon?
Wildman
Legend

Sorry to tell you this but all carriers have been getting away from the unlimited plans, Verizon discontinued it about a year ago and I really do not see this changing soon or really at all...  You are on a tier plan now so I dont see a grandfather rule in your future and also I dont really think that the Mifi plans ever had a unlimited plan anyway.

I think you are out of luck if you are wanting to change to a unlimited plan now...

0 Likes
jonathan140

Smiley Sad Then i have to wait another 2 years to switch to another Internet provider. Great.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I do not know all the info on the different plans a user may be offered as a coutesy, before you make a decision I would contact the Customer Service department and see if they have other options for you that I am not knowledable of..

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The unlimited data plan for mobile broadband devices has been retired since before the first 4G LTE tower was put into service in 2010. Verizon Wireless also stated that anyone with an old 3G broadband unlimited data plan would not be able to grandfather that plan when they upgrade to a 4G LTE broadband device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Thanks for the update Ann154 because I couldn't remember what was the outcome with the plans but I thought that they was discontinued also..

0 Likes
wayne8821212
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually, unlimited data availability did not end until July 7, 2011, nearly 4 months after the Thunderbolt 4G was launched (March 17th 2011). I got the T'bolt on a one year contract with unlimited data. One year contracts also went the way of the dinosaur on April 17th 2011. I joined on March 19th 2011 with both allowing me to upgrade to a Rezound after 10 months.

Unfortunately while I have the unlimited data, I now have a 2-year contract. Can I stay with any phone for 2 years hmmmm......ATT (HTC)  Tilt:  one year......Blackberry Storm: -a truly horrible phone- 9 months, Htc Evo:  9 months -love it though-; Htc Thunderbolt 10 months; Htc Rezound: ????? What happens when the Verizon version of the Quad-core htc phone comes out?

Message was edited by: Wayne <personal information deleted per the TOS>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I believe Ann was speaking of the Air Cards data plans like the Mifi not the mobile devices, their plans have always been different..

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

wayne8821212 wrote:

Actually, unlimited data availability did not end until July 7, 2011, nearly 4 months after the Thunderbolt 4G was launched (March 17th 2011). I got the T'bolt on a one year contract with unlimited data. One year contracts also went the way of the dinosaur on April 17th 2011. I joined on March 19th 2011 with both allowing me to upgrade to a Rezound after 10 months

That was the smartphone data plan that was retired on July 7, 2011.  The mobile broadband data plans are entirely different "animals".  I am not sure exactly when the unlimited broadband data plan was phased, but I do know that it wasn't available when the first 4G LTE USB modem was released at the end of 2010.

I got the Tbolt on a one year contract too a week before the one year contract was retired too.  Yet I since gotten the Nexus and I still have an upgrade available.  I am well aware of when the different plans and options were changed in 2011.  In fact, I still want the $30 NE2 discount that I should have gotten in July 2011, but didn't thanks to a "little thing" called a "trust market".

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
wayne8821212
Enthusiast - Level 3

Whoops! Mifi is definitely not my domain (so to speak).

0 Likes