First, I'd like to say I have been very happy with my service up until a week or two ago when I started experiencing persistent connection problems. About a month+ ago, I began having to hard reset my cantenna and router once or twice a week after logging into the router to see it stuck on "Connecting..." for at least 10 minutes. After doing a reset, it would be fine for at least a few days. Not a big deal. However, within the past couple weeks, I have had to reset the devices sometimes 2-3 consecutive times each day as the process was not as effective the first, second or more times. On Thursday, February 27, I could not get a stable connection at all, and since I use HomeFusion to telework, I called VZW support to diagnose the issue. We walked through the usual steps and I learned a few things, such as, in order to ensure a successful reboot, the cantenna should be unplugged for about 3 minutes (not the typical 15 seconds for other electronic devices). She also updated some things in the system, although I'm not sure what that entailed. When we were done, my system was up and running perfectly, and remained so until Friday evening (28th), when it started acting up again. Since then, it has not stabilized. I even went so far as to unplug the cantenna and turn off the router overnight (last night/this morning). It is still unstable but if I'm lucky, I will get a connection long enough to post this message. I monitored the connection status for about 15 minutes, and captured the status several times during the process. I have inserted them in the order taken, hoping this will shed some light on the issue.
First, the firmware version:
Images containing private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.
Note: While adding the images, I experienced several episodes of waiting for the connection to reestablish itself.
Should I decide to call support later today, is there a way for the representative to refer to these images?
Message was edited by: Admin Moderator
I'm sorry to hear of the connection issues you are experiencing with your HomeFusion service, SouthernBoyd. Not sure if you have called in already, but it depends on if the rep has access to the web. They definitely should have access to our forums, but they may have to search for the post. As long as you have the details handy we can definitely help troubleshoot by phone.
Let us know if you have any additional questions, as we want to make sure this has been fully reviewed for you, and we get you back to a more stable connection. Thank you SoutherBoyd.
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport
same story. HomeFusion has become unreliable and virtually unusable in the last few weeks. I'm using my iphone as a hotspot to write this because I gave up after five or six reboots. reboot or unplugging the HBA has the same result.
I did manage to get the problem resolved, temporarily. The VZW support rep had me Restore HBA Defaults (Advanced > HBR Advanced Settings > Restore HBA Defaults). That got it back to normal for a few days, but this morning, it is acting up again.
I am still having trouble getting a stable connection. I called VZW again this morning, since connection was continuously dropping and reconnecting. Coincidentally, during the 30 minute support call, the connection only dropped once. As soon as the call ended, literally, it went back to it's continuous cycle of disconnecting and reconnecting (isn't that typical). I swear my cantenna is self-aware and knows when it's being watched! Anyway, the ticket has been sent on to the network team as they continue to diagnose the problem.
I know its frustrating to have a device and service you are unable to use ikenewton. Have you spoken to our technical support team about your issues? What area are you located in? What specific issues are you having with the connection?
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
can't connect at all now. I restored HBA defaults and worked great for about half a day. restored HBR defaults, and HBA defaults again, and hasn't connected since.
I'm near Sherman, Texas. Specifically, it loses the broadband connection. the router shows all green, but if you go look at the cantenna the right hand light at the bottom will be red. rebooting or unplugging the HBA will usually reconnect, but when you have to do it several times an hour, that makes it practically useless.
I will have to call later.
I have been fighting this pretty much since I was installed just a couple months ago. The support rep I spoke with today basically admitted to me that it is a known issue. (having to reboot multiple times per day, takes 10-20 minutes for service to come up after reboot).
He also agreed with me that the service is not reasonably useable when it is this unreliable on a daily basis.
He also agreed with me that I should not have to pay full price for, or continue to use, a service that is broken, VZW knows it's broken, and they have no firm date from the Cantenna manufacturer if or when it will be fixed.
I asked him to cancel my crappy service and waive the termination fee. He scheduled a cancel for 3/25, but says I am on the hook for $320 termination fee. Here's a copy of the letter I am sending into the Public Utilities Comission of Ohio:
In December, I signed up for Verizon Home Fusion Broadband Internet for my home. The service was installed and worked fine for approximately three weeks when it began to crash and go offline multiple times each day. I did some online searching and discovered that Verizon was working on a software update to resolve the issue. I wanted until Late February, rebooting on a daily basis and finally got tired of waiting and called Verizon. I was informed that my system HAD received the update and should be working fine. Since it was still going offline every day, Verizon sent out a tech to relocate the antenna. This did not fix the problem. They sent out a 2nd tech a few days later to replace the antenna. This did not fix the problem.
I called Verizon again today, March 13th, to ask that they either repair my service or cancel it. They informed me that the antenna requires yet ANOTHER update in order to work properly. That update is not ready to be rolled out, and there is no target date as to when it might be ready. I asked that my service be cancelled. Verizon is charging me a $320 termination fee to cancel service that they themselves admit does not work. They themselves admit that they cannot provide a date when it might work correctly.
I would like to have this termination fee waived. I also believe I should receive a partial bill credit for the last two months of spotty, inconsistent, and all but unusable service.
Just FYI - over the last 3 weeks, I have: