Upgrade Time... From UM175 USB to ? Fivespot or MiFi 2200 that is the question.
pleyster

It's time for an upgrade on my UM175 USB broadband device. It has worked well but my family needs more access (3 pc's). So I have two options.

1. the Fivespot Global Ready 3G Mobile Hotspot

or

2. the MiFi 2200 Intelligent Mobile Hotspot

I can't see any real difference between them except for the Fivespot being "global ready", which I don't need. I am in a fringe area so I need a strong unit (typically get 2 to 3 bars with the UM175).

Any information on either of these will be helpful.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade Time... From UM175 USB to ? Fivespot or MiFi 2200 that is the question.
firstlady09
Contributor - Level 3

I would recommend for you to check out our website to view the customer reviews on each of these devices to assist you with making your decision. Here is a link to view the reviews http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneOverviewByDevice...

Keep in mind we offer the worry free guarantee. Your satisfaction is guaranteed on any equipment you purchase from us.  If you're dissatisfied for any reason, you can return any equipment you purchase from us within 30 days.There is a restocking fee of $35.

For more information on the Worry Free Guarantee click HERE

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade Time... From UM175 USB to ? Fivespot or MiFi 2200 that is the question.
lckcmk

After trying very unsuccessfully to use 2 separate Fivespots, Verizon swapped them out for a Mifi.....works great and has good speed.  However, we've only had it a coupleof hours so who knows?

Also, be sure all of your old device drivers are uninstalled.....that can really cause a headache.

0 Likes
stevecurrin

MiFi, the 5 Spot is a piece of junk. ( I own a 5spot)

0 Likes
thepres69
Enthusiast - Level 2

Buy a router see EVDO or 3Gstore. Cradlepoint....

0 Likes
grob705
Enthusiast - Level 2

I  upgraded to the fivespot a couple of months ago.  I had a 727 USB modem.  It is like night and day difference in the 2.  The fivespot is a lot faster, even with 2 or 3 laptops running.  I don't regret switching.  Had a problem when I first tried to activate the fivespot, customer service was outstanding in getting me up and going. 

0 Likes
lckcmk

I've had the Mifi for a week now and it works like a champ.....have even been traveling with it.  Out son used it to connect to his spring phone wifi!  It's great!!

0 Likes