Upgraded to Mountain Lion OSX 10.8 and MiFi® 4510L 4G LTE will not work.
freedomofmind

can't use my laptop!!! When will verizon to do software update, promised in august. When? if not, what can verizon do to keep me online?

0 Likes
Re: Upgraded to Mountain Lion OSX 10.8 and MiFi® 4510L 4G LTE will not work.
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

revert back to the old os until proper software/drivers are out

did you not check before changing?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello freedomofmind!

I'm sorry your connection is not working! I hope you're enjoying your laptop's update besides this issue! Are you able to connect to other WiFi connections on the laptop? Have you tried to deleting the connection and re-adding it? Can other computers find your MiFi connection? Let us know!

Katie H
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
freedomofmind

Verizon tech support sent me model that works

Sent from my iPhone

Steven Alan Hassan M.Ed. LMHC, NCC

Freedom of Mind Resource Center Inc.

PO Box 590443

Newton, MA. 02459

U.S.A.

617 396-4638 fax: 617 628-8153

0 Likes
freedomofmind

So they sent me Verizon Mifi 4620L Jetpack 382C and in fact- it too doesn't work with mountain lion and I do not even see it listed on http://www.vzam.net/download/supported.aspx

Please advise.

Thank you very much

Steve

My new book, Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs is available on Amazon.com and other online booksellers as paperback and e-book

http://freedomofmind.com/Media/bookFreedom.php

0 Likes
jj21

I've got a similar problem.  I just got a new macbook pro running mountain lion and while it mostly works with my mifi 4510L, there are a number of annoying glitches.  I can't access certain websites (especially Facebook - but also my account page of verizonwireless.com), and I could not send mail > 1kb in size through my normal mail server (but < 1kb worked).  I thought this was some security issue on the new computer and was going crazy trying to figure out what it was, but I get to work and find everything works smoothly.  So, it looks like it's a compatibility issue between mountain lion and the mifi.  Everything still works fine from my old computer (running snow leopard) so there seems to be nothing wrong with the mifi itself.

Is there an upgrade for the mifi or some other action that will fix this problem?

Thanks.

-JJ

0 Likes
hangon

If you can see the mifi on the network list. Turn off mifi, see if connection status changes while mifi goes off. Turn mifi back on.  May have to manually enter password if successful because prompt for password won't appear if you get connection to work.

0 Likes
jj21

For me, turning the MiFi off/on, resetting, removing/replacing the sim card, had not effect. It had the latest firmware/software.  What did resolve my problem was this tip from this thread http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1411365

Try reducing MTU size.

System Preferences > Network > WiFi > Advanced > Hardware > Manually > MTU: Custom > 1300

Worked for me

I'm not sure exactly whose problem this is; Apple or Verizon, but Mountain Lion clearly not seem to play nice with the MiFi by default.

0 Likes