Upload speeds extremely, and abnormally slow 0.60 Mbs on average. Help!
Nap

I am using the Pantech UML290.  I've had 4G coverage for over a year.  Always had a good signal.  Always got speeds at the higher end of the spectrum.  Signal strength -79 to -81.  My average download speed was 10-12 Mbs but often go up to 16.  Average upload was always 3Mbs but could jump up to over 5Mbs.  However, starting about two weeks ago, my download speeds are disturbingly low on a regular basis.  0.6Mbs on average.  This is any day of the week or any time of day.  At best it will peak up to 1.6Mbs on the upload, but never higher (and that was only on 3 different days during this two weeks.  It also didn't last long on those days).  Most of the time it's 0.6 or lower. 

Now, since this issue started, my download speed has been consistently 14 - 16 Mbs.  Most of the time it's around 14.8Mbs.  I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the both the drivers, and VS Access manager.  I've tried multiple computers.  Same issue.  Now I'm pretty sure the UML290 is not the problem.  I've taken it to other areas that have had 4G coverage longer, and are more densely populated, and tried it during multiple times of the day.  During peak hours the download can very between 6Mbs and 13Mbs.  Off peak it's 14 - 16Mbs.  The upload is always over 2.5Mbs.  Most of the time it's over 3Mbs and has been as high as 6Mbs.  I also tested it on multiple computers during this part of the testing process. Again no issues.

So, what could have changed?  What could it be other than some problem with the tower near my house?  It's worked fine for over a year.  NEVER had a problem and I test it MULTIPLE times a week, and test it thoroughly.  Anyone have any idea what it could be?   I've called Verizon.  They are now on their THIRD service ticket.  They keep saying the same thing.  They say i'm in a "limited" coverage area and that's why the speeds are slow.  Well the coverage map says I'm in a good coverage area.  It always has.  I have a good signal.  I've never had a single issue for over a year.  My download speeds are excellent.  And now, all of a sudden, my upload speed goes to crap.  Also my latency (ping times) have always been excellent and still are. 

Any suggestions or ideas?  Any Verizon employees on here that can escalate this to the point where someone actually puts some effort into finding the problem instead of just calling me and saying I'm in a limited coverage area when I'm clearly not?   

0 Likes
Re: Upload speeds extremely, and abnormally slow 0.60 Mbs on average. Help!
Nap

Can't figure out how to edit this.  In the first paragraph I mistakenly stated that my download speed is having the issue.  I get it right in the second paragraph.  the problem is the UPLOAD speed.

0 Likes
Re: Upload speeds extremely, and abnormally slow 0.60 Mbs on average. Help!
Nap

Anyone have any suggestions?  I've found that Verizon tech support is quite useless with this issue.  As they have been with any other issue I have brought to them in the past.  It saddens me that I know more than they do about every aspect of every problem I have ever presented them with.  They no longer even respond to me about this issue even though I have had at least 3 service tickets open with them.  I gave up on calling them as I'm sure I'll get the same nonsense response. 

0 Likes