Used Hub activation
JRod

I bought a used HUB. The owner has been very cooperative and still available for return if I cannot get it activated.

I called VZ before I bought it to see if I can activate it over the phone and they say yes. Called after I bought it and they say the couldn’t add the line that I needed to go to the store. The store says that they were only able to do it if I bought the equipment that the system didn’t have an option to add the used one. Called back VZ and they said that the store was right and that they cannot do it because the phone needs to be programmed… VZ to return it to the owner and get my $ back… I took the phone to the store, and as far as I know they do not come programmed with customer specific info from the factory so they can be reprogrammed….. right? It makes no sense. I got such a good deal… I have the hub and 2 additional handset for $99. So I do not want to buy it new now… any recommendations.

0 Likes
Re: Used Hub activation
jmcohen23
perhaps if you buy the hub from VZW, and then registered your used ones with that hub (like expandable units)?
0 Likes
em001

im in the same boat here i bought one off of ebay and when i call in they say that i have to buy a new unit that i cannot start new service on a pre existing device what do i do???????

0 Likes
JRod

I got my installed after several days of try and many calls. You do not have to buy a new one. Some how you need to battle your way via the verizon wireless support to the HUB technical support.

The guy I worked with was able to reset the HUB using the MAC ID.

I'm willing to give you my phone # so they can trace who did it and maybe you can get it resolved. Send me a message if you are interested.

0 Likes