VZ Access Manager/ account setup
armymom38

I am at my wits' end. I have been trying to set up my account for a week now. I have called customer service and they helped me set up the VZ Access Manager, but it doesn't have the tab for text messages. So, I can't receive the password that was sent to the manager. I have never seen something so difficult to set up. Why can't they just send it to your email and be done with it?

0 Likes
Re: VZ Access Manager/ account setup
ClarDold
Contributor - Level 1

armymom38 wrote:

I am at my wits' end. I have been trying to set up my account for a week now. I have called customer service and they helped me set up the VZ Access Manager, but it doesn't have the tab for text messages. So, I can't receive the password that was sent to the manager. I have never seen something so difficult to set up. Why can't they just send it to your email and be done with it?

I don't understand why the policy is to send a text message to a device that doesn't accept text messages, and then tell you to install a gigantic piece of software to read one text message.

I bought a MiFi so I wouldn't need drivers or software packages, just the WiFi access that already exists.

If you don't read your message, you will eventually get USMail with the password.

In my case, that password didn't work, and their only solution was to send me another password via USMail.

I'm not sure, but you might be able to go to a Verizon store and use their VZAccess Manager to retrieve your password, which you could then change.

--

Clarence

0 Likes
Re: VZ Access Manager/ account setup
ClarDold
Contributor - Level 1

ClarDold wrote:

If you don't read your message, you will eventually get USMail with the password.

In my case, that password didn't work, and their only solution was to send me another password via USMail.

I'm not sure, but you might be able to go to a Verizon store and use their VZAccess Manager to retrieve your password, which you could then change.

I gave in, sort of.

I tried VMWare first, but it didn't see the MiFi as a CDROm or Modem.

Then I installed VZAccess on a spare PC.

The "text messages" tab doesn't show up unless the MiFi is attached via USB, just installing VZAccess isn't sufficient, but I do think you could connect to a PC in the Verizon store that has VZAccess installed, since it is using your MiFi to identify you.

Thne I went back to my Win 7 PC, installed just the drivers on the "cdrom" attached via USB, and created a dialup connection using phone number #777 and no username or password, like VZAccess set up on the test PC.

--

Clarence.

0 Likes