VZ Access Manager / is there a way to make it start before loging into windows XP
multiverse

I connect to my domain via VPN and the VPN log on happens before logging into windows.  In order to log into my domain I have to have connectivity and be logged into my VPN.

Is there a way to make VZ Access Manager start and connect prior to logging in just like the VPN software?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VZ Access Manager / is there a way to make it start before loging into windows XP
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

I know what your talking about.  Many VPN clients offer such a service for the very same reason that you are posting.  Cisco VPN's calls it Start-Before-Login (SBL).

Unfortunetly, VZA does not have a pre-booting service to enable your USB modem to connect before signing into Windows.  If you want to sign into your VPN before signing into windows you will need to use a Ethernet cable.  Ethernet cable connections work just fine with SBL.

You should have a non-network signin feature that allows you to sign into your local machine.  Ask your system administrators/help desk for more information.  Once you are signed into your local machine you can establish your USB modem connection and launch the VPN manually.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: VZ Access Manager / is there a way to make it start before loging into windows XP
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

I know what your talking about.  Many VPN clients offer such a service for the very same reason that you are posting.  Cisco VPN's calls it Start-Before-Login (SBL).

Unfortunetly, VZA does not have a pre-booting service to enable your USB modem to connect before signing into Windows.  If you want to sign into your VPN before signing into windows you will need to use a Ethernet cable.  Ethernet cable connections work just fine with SBL.

You should have a non-network signin feature that allows you to sign into your local machine.  Ask your system administrators/help desk for more information.  Once you are signed into your local machine you can establish your USB modem connection and launch the VPN manually.

0 Likes
multiverse

Thank you for your answer to my post.  It was just as I suspected, but I needed confirmation.  Looks like they need to add that feature to the VZ Access Manager Software to allow for mobile domain log in. 

0 Likes