VZAccess & Cisco Anyconnect
dsladmin

We're setting up a new batch of laptops for our users running Windows 7 x64.  Because of this, we've had to move from the basic Cisco VPN Client to the Cisco AnyConnect client. I've set the path to the VPN client (since it doesn't recognize it being installed like the old one did) and set it to automatically start.  Unfortunately, it doesn't do anything and we have to start the VPN client manually. 

While it doesn't seem like a big deal, every extra step is a stumbling block for our users...we've fielded many calls where they weren't able to establish VPN because they didn't bother to connect to the internet first.  The VZAccess client automating the whole process has been a huge boon.

Has anybody managed to get VZAccess to automatically start the AnyConnect client once it establishes a connection? 

0 Likes
Re: VZAccess & Cisco Anyconnect
JB21386
Contributor - Level 1

You actually got VZ Access Manager to work with Windows 7 64 bit? I have not been able to get it to with Windows 7, but we are using x32

0 Likes
dsladmin

Yep, we have it working.   I don't recall needing to do anything special during the install either.

0 Likes
dsladmin

I found an alternative for starting up the Cisco AnyConnect client automatically.  Instead of setting it up under VPN, go to Preferences -> Connect -> Launch.  Set ‘Run Program Options’ to the location of the VPN client and check ‘Run program on connection’.  

0 Likes