VZAccess Manager Linux?
Corton

Hello. I was just wondering if there a way to get VZAccess Manager on linux. I heard that they have a VZAccess Manager for linux under there Enterprise downloads. But i dont have a login there. Anyone help please? I'm trying to connect throught my mobile broadband with my EnV Touch. And i know linux has built in mobile broadband setup. but i want to use VZAccess Manager.

0 Likes
Re: VZAccess Manager Linux?
Corton
Really? No one knows where to get it?
0 Likes
Hemingray
Enthusiast - Level 3

You really don't need VZAM in linux to use MBB. You can direct-dial a connection easily using PPP. The settings are as follows:

Phone #: #777

User:yournumber@vzw3g.com

Pass:vzw

Example, if your device's # is 212-555-1234, the username would be 2125551234@vzw3g.com

Mind you this will just give you a connection, no usage info, network stats or signal meter.

0 Likes
sme

Does that give you 3G?  I find it unbelievable that Verizon is unwilling to release VZ Access Manager to it's regular customers.  It's like we are second class citizens.

0 Likes
ROFLstomper

sme wrote:

Does that give you 3G?  I find it unbelievable that Verizon is unwilling to release VZ Access Manager to it's regular customers.  It's like we are second class citizens.

Yes, if you have the signal strength for 3G, you'll be able to use it for your connection.

0 Likes
mikeylbridges

Hi - your responses seem to indicate that I can get my linux laptop with built in wireless to connect to my 3G mifi2200 somehow by dialing a number #777 etc.  This used to work when I had a USB wireless device with vzaccess Manager loaded on my windoze box, but i dont see how it would work with the mifi2200 which is a hotspot that my computers connect to.

Can you explain to me the steps to get  a linux laptop to connect see my mifi2200 so I can use it to get to the internet?

Thanks

Mike

0 Likes
Dallyman

For a mi-fi, just use wifi and don't connect to the USB cord

0 Likes
exon

check out this manual:

http://johnmeister.com/old-cs/LINUX/v620-SUSE/VZAccessManagerLinuxInstallationGuide.pdf

don't have an installed ubuntu so can't try it out myself :smileysad:

0 Likes