VZAccess Manager Upgrade
OldTex

I have had problems in the past blindly upgrading VZAcces Manager. I now have a message to upgrade to 7.6.4.4 2762s from 7.6.3.4 2642j. I would like to find what fixes are included in this version so I can decide whether or not to skip it. I have looked on both the Smith Mirco and VAccess Manager web sites and cannot find this information.

BTW - Clicking on the VZAccess Manager link in the update window does not take me anywhere.

Pantech 290

Win XP sp3

0 Likes
Re: VZAccess Manager Upgrade
OldTex

This question has been on the board for over a week. Am I to believe no one knows where to find out what has changed in a VZAccess Manager update or where to find this information? Not even one of the Verizon techs that monitor the board?

0 Likes
jwwilson454

I did the upgrade today and when I plugged the Five Spot in it told me there was a firmware update.  I tried to installed the update and received a message that the update failed.  Now my Five Spot has a different SSID and I cannot log into it.  I connect to the Manager and it say the device is not connected.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

jwwilson454 wrote:

I did the upgrade today and when I plugged the Five Spot in it told me there was a firmware update.  I tried to installed the update and received a message that the update failed.  Now my Five Spot has a different SSID and I cannot log into it.  I connect to the Manager and it say the device is not connected.

Hi jwwilson454,

I trust that the issue outlined in your post has been resolved and your device is working properly by now. In the event that the issue has not been resolved I have checked my resources and I learned that re-running the update tool has resolved this issue for other customers. Please find the update tool in your computer at the path below:

C:smileytongue:rogram Files-Verizon Wireless-Firmware Updates-ZTE-AC30EUT_BD_VERIZONAC30V1.0.0B10.exe

Additionally, please keep in mind that this is a peer to peer forum and while our Social Media Team monitors the forum, we offer alternative options for immediate assistance. You can contact us via Twitter @VZWSupport Monday to Friday from 7am to 10pm and Saturday from 7am to 4pm.

You can also call 1-800-922-0204 from 6am to 11pm CST every day of the week.

0 Likes
Not applicable

OldTex, thank you for your inquiry. I understand your hesitation over upgrading your software since you had issues in the past. It looks like this software update mainly addresses VPN issues. You always view details of software updates thru our support site

0 Likes
richie1777

I have found that if you automatically load these updates they will always have some sort of problem with the driver loading and finding the Pantech afterwards. Best to go to the website and download the update file onto your PC and then install it. Also a new feature since 7.6.4.4 about every 2 minutes my connection drops for about 5 seconds and then comes back. annoying but it still works....

0 Likes