VZAccess Manager activation error WMC671 - using LG600
Kcop

I can no longer connect to the internet through my LG600. I get an error WMC671 when I click Connect.

I've rebooted, reinstalled VZAccess Manager, Upgraded the device drivers, and used differnet USB ports.

Anyone have any other suggestions? 

0 Likes
Re: VZAccess Manager activation error WMC671 - using LG600
mtollner

I'm having the same problem and it just started today (04-27-11)

0 Likes
Mike81

It appears the problem is nation wide and has been happening all day today - just 4G devices are affected.  Here is a Tweet from VZW 30 mins ago...

We have determined the cause of 4G LTE issue & are working with major vendors to restore connections. Details as they come.
0 Likes
krugerj

OMG !!! I'm having the same problem. I've been going crazy trying to fix this darn thing.  At least I know it's not just me.  I'll keep watching the net to see what's happening. 

Thanks,

J :smileyindifferent:

0 Likes
Mike81

VZW states the LTE network was fixed today at 8AM PST.

0 Likes
gdf451

It is now 6/9/11 and I have this problem.

This device has never worked on this Dell.

The Novatel PC770 card works great.

Looking for a fix

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello gdf451,

Are you still experiencing opportunities with connecting?  Have you tried some of the basic troubleshooting as Kcop mentioned above?  If so, please PM me your device number and a contact number so I can further assist.  Thank you.   

0 Likes
Denevive

The LG VL600 device draws the maximum amount of power through the USB port, which conflicts with Windows power management system. The computer attempts to manage the power of the connection, which causes the WMC671 error that you are receiving. The LG is performing to specification, and it is drawing an approved amount of power through the USB port, but the computer system is cutting and managing power in an attempt to extend the battery life of the laptop. To resolve this error code, please making the following adjustments to the computer:

1. Go to the Control Panel in Windows. You may access this by going to: Start > Settings > Control Panel.

2. Make sure you are in "Classic View" as opposed to "Category View" and select "Device Manager".

3. Scroll on down to the "Universal Serial Bus Controllers", expand the category and look for any "USB Root Hubs".

4. Right click each "USB Root Hub" and select "Properties"

5. Click the "Power Management" tab at the top of the new window.

6. Uncheck the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power." check box.

7. Save, exit, close out of Device Manager and remove the USB modem.

8. Reboot the computer, plug the modem back in, and access the internet.

0 Likes
Jackamus

Sadly, changing the USB Root Hub settings, does not fix the issue.  I have this issue on and off.  I will not be able to connect for a hour or so, then I can connect.

This error is a little annoying as there seems to be no reason that I know of.   Reinstall software does not help, changing the USB settings does not help. 

Makes me wonder if it is A) The device or B) Or Network issues.

0 Likes
qwqw212

I lost connection while I was on the pc. I tried to reconnect and got the error code wmc671. Previously I tried everything I could  think of until I just reinstalled windows and started over to solve the problem. This time I followed your steps to the USB Root Hub and went to the power tab and pressed the refresh button on all the USB ports. This enabled me to recover my connection when nothing else has ever worked in the past. This problem has caused me to wipe my entire computer clean and start new. It is a major problem. I hope this will save someone some trouble in the future. It worked for me and I hope it will work for you.

1. Go to the Control Panel in Windows. You may access this by going to: Start > Settings > Control Panel.

2. Make sure you are in "Classic View" as opposed to "Category View" and select "Device Manager".

3. Scroll on down to the "Universal Serial Bus Controllers", expand the category and look for any "USB Root Hubs".

4. Right click each "USB Root Hub" and select "Properties"

5. Click Power tab.

6. Click refresh button.

0 Likes