VZAccess Manager does not respond to USAGE Request Error 241
Greg4Wireless
Enthusiast - Level 3

Every time I click on the "USAGE" tab to see how close I am to my 5gb, I continually get the following error

DATA USAGE: ERROR

ERROR CODE: 241

My Verizon call not responding . . .

If you are patient enough to click on it about 15 times, it will finally give you the usage (and then its 2 days old).

As another user mentioned, HOW are we responsible for keeping close eye on our usage

(1) if we can't even access the tool needed to view the usage

(2) If the usage is not accurate, then again, how can we judge where we are in our usage.

I am sure Verizon will not have any problems billing us at the end of the billing cycle if we are OVER, so it only

seems that your team work on the issues with the "USAGE" tab in VZAM.

0 Likes
Re: VZAccess Manager does not respond to USAGE Request Error 231
Greg4Wireless
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh, how ironic.

The message has changed now when you try to check your "USAGE" on the main VZAM screen.

Data Usage: ERROR

ErrorCode: 231 (not 241) from the last week

We are unable to process your request at this time.

Perhaps my rebuttal should be..... "I am unable to pay you overage charges due to the inability to see it".....

VERIZON. you need to get your IT/IS/Engineers working on this (The USAGE tab on the VZAccess Manager screen).

I'm documenting all this in case I get hit with overages.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: VZAccess Manager does not respond to USAGE Request Error 241
Greg4Wireless
Enthusiast - Level 3

As of July 27, Monday, The USAGE tab does not produce usage details.  the same error appears.

am I the only one who's having this issue?  66 People including the Moderators obviously seen this message, yet

no one commented or replied.

0 Likes
Greg4Wireless
Enthusiast - Level 3

No usage has been updated since 27th a.m.

I think Verizon's thinking is "why update the usage statistics".... If someone is already close or over, they actually DO NOT want you to be able to track it til month's end (or when ever your billing cycle ends).

That way, during the last few days.... You have no way of actually VERIFYING what you used, therefore, Verizon can basically

charge you anything they wanted, and you couldn't prove it otherwise.

It appears that fixing the USAGE monitor/tab in VZAM obviously isn't a priority.  I assure you it will NOT be a priority in submitting this month's payment is overages appear . . . . .

0 Likes
Greg4Wireless
Enthusiast - Level 3

July 31.  The USAGE TAB in VZAM still does not retrieve usage statistics!

Even after clicking on it about 11 times, the same error.   The last time I did get lucky after doing it repetetively, the usage was

THREE DAYS behind.

I have to think Verizon's refusal (or inability) to fix this is purposeful (where we have NO MEANS to accurate keeping track of our

usage).

Your comments Verizon ? ? ? ? ? ?

0 Likes
somdcomputerguy
I have noticed VZAM USAGE to be 3-4 days behind, when I can actually get to it (similar errors that you have posted). The Usage Log at MyVerizon is often not as far behind, but sometimes that won't load either. However, I exclusively now use the VZAM Session Log, which almost always updates correctly after I disconnect.
0 Likes
Greg4Wireless
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is a DISCLAIMER on the VZAM screen under the LOGS tab . . . . It tell you SPECIFICALLY not to rely on the LOGS in monitoring your usage.

This is in the 6.10.10 (2247B) release.  Check it out!

0 Likes
Greg4Wireless
Enthusiast - Level 3

My total usage jumped from 5.11GB on 7/25 to and ending 6.87GB on 8/1 (end of cycle)?

That's 1.76GB extra usage that suddenly JUMPED ahead.  Of course, the VZAM usage monitor is ALWAYS behind, and you

can almost never get a reading.

The USAGE tab still responds to "Verizon Call Not Responding...Error Code 241".

I definately WILL NOT be paying any overage charges because of this ! ! ! !

0 Likes
drmsucks

Just slightly off topic:smileyhappy:...I'm a new customer, broadband only - no voice. Signed on today for the first time, 6 hours later my usage = 0. Called cust service rep to find out how often the usage was updated - "Every few hours." I told him that was not an acceptable answer...he checked with a supervisor, "Every 3-4hours." Clearly wrong. When I opened the account, I asked the rep, "Do you update the usage in real time?", his answer was, "Yes."

Maybe I've got a "new account delay," but, I've been following your posts and I don't think so. Please keep up the narrative so that we can all be aware. Verizon is the sole arbiter of usage and a class action smells real good if they do not notify us accurately and on a timely basis.

0 Likes
Greg4Wireless
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon's reps and tech's will tell you anything to get you off the phone (and send you canned responses in emails).

Obviously, USAGE IS NOT NOT REPORTED IN REAL TIME!  Normally 1 day behind, can be up to 3 days behind (I guess depending on how many logs they have to process).

If you are using the VZ Access Manager, you're lucky is you can retrieve any usage.

IF you are using a mobile broadband card, you should download a bandwidth usage metering program, and keep up with

your own usage.

0 Likes