Re: VZAccess Manager does not respond to USAGE Request Error 241
drmsucks

@greg4wireless - Yep, I just hung up with tech support; she assured me that usage updates are every 3 hours. I asked why mine was zero after my first use 6 hours ago ->"Because every once in awhile something goes wrong and it does not update."

Oh my ...I guess that I'll wait and see when my usage shows up. It is not an issue now but it will be later.

Btw, do you know what the usage period is and how it's measured?

0 Likes
Greg4Wireless
Enthusiast - Level 3

3 days is more like it, not 3 hours . . . .

I could not get a final usage reading for end of month. now the usage has alread flipped over to ZERO.

In fact, Verizon could give a final end of usage reading of any figure they chose, because I'd not have any proof otherwise.

0 Likes
Greg4Wireless
Enthusiast - Level 3

This issue still persists.  Have any of you MODS been able to get a response from anyone within Verizon about this?

The last EMAIL response I got was . . . . .The typical "canned" response you'd have expected.

Received-On:   08/01/09 11:57 AM Subject:   RE: VZACCESS MANAGER *USAGE TAB* Error 241 (WFM47203620) More...    
  Part 2 TEXT/HTML (3 KB) Download   Part 1 TEXT/PLAIN (2 KB) Download

Dear Verizon Wireless Customer,

Thank you for contacting our Verizon Wireless website. We are sorry to learn that you are still having difficulty with viewing your data usage. We are happy to assist you with your issue.

First, we sincerely apologize for the delayed response. Due to an extremely high volume of customer email inquiries, the response time has been longer than expected.

We apologize that the steps in the previous email response did not help with your issue. If you continue to that problems with viewing your data usage, then this is an issue that will require additional troubleshooting and possible escalation to our Network Repair Team. Please contact the Technical Support department at your convenience. Our representatives are available 6 AM to 11 PM Central Standard Time, 7 days a week and may be reached by dialing 1-800-922-0204 and selecting option number 3.  Speaking with you in person is the only way to ensure that we have investigated all possible factors that may contribute to the issues you are having. Our support technicians will obtain the necessary information and then escalate to the next tier of technical support to ensure a timely resolution.

We hope you find this information helpful. Other troubleshooting tips and helpful product information can be found at www.verizonwireless.com/data. It has been a pleasure assisting you today. We make it our personal goal to resolve all of your concerns. We sincerely hope that you feel we have done that today. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.

Sincerely,

Bernard

Verizon Wireless

Data Technical Support

0 Likes
Greg4Wireless
Enthusiast - Level 3

this feature still continues to NOT work . . .

VERIZON, CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW ? ? ?  lol

0 Likes
Greg4Wireless
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried to retrieve my usage on the first click today, and to my surprise it actually worked!

However, it reports the usage in some strange format.

It said I had used

As of 8/20/09, You've used 4088491.681 KB.  I am assuming that means 4.0 GB ? ?

It also said my usage would be reset on 9/2/09.

0 Likes
Greg4Wireless
Enthusiast - Level 3

This issue seems to be slightly improved.  I only have to click on USAGE no more than twice for the usage to display.

The way it reports is the same way it looks under the billing in MY VERIZON.

It doesn't say.... "As of 9/21/09 9:11pm You've used about 2.5GB"..

It says "2548236.94KB which translates to 2.5GB"

It also states when your usage will "RESET"

0 Likes
Not applicable

I think you have to divide by 1024, but I could be wrong.

0 Likes
Greg4Wireless
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually

3548236KB = 3,548,236KB = 3.5GB, but I could be wrong.

0 Likes
somdcomputerguy
3 548 236 Kilobyte (KB) = 3.383 861 541 7 Gigabyte (GB) [url=http://www.onlineconversion.com/computer_base2.htm]Online Conversion - Computer memory/hard drive/data conversions[/url]
0 Likes
Greg4Wireless
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not surprisingly . . . . The Usage tab in VZAM mysteriously STOPS reporting usage for about the past 2 days. . . .

OH WAIT....its almost end of the month ! !

I believe Verizon purposely does at the end of the month where we (1) can't see or track our usage where we will either (a) GO OVER or (b) save Verizon bandwidth and NOT USE the service.

Either way, its frustrating.   I'm sure Verizon would LOVE for us to go over and charge us overages.

This service is DEFINATELY  **INCONSISTENT*** ! ! !

0 Likes