VZAccess Manager install hangs looking for previous versions of software
jwwilhit

UGH!  Trying to install the VZAccess Manager for the UM175 USB modem.  Driver installs but it gets to the point of the installation where the message box says "Checking for previous versions of VZAccess Manager..."

It just sits there and never goes away.  FRUSTRATING!!!!  The driver actually installs but the manager software never does.  What gives?

Oh ya...Windows 7 is the OS

0 Likes
Re: VZAccess Manager install hangs looking for previous versions of software
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

VZAccess Manager software must be installed before inserting the PC Card / USB Modem into the computer for the first time. Only after the software has been installed can Windows successfully install and configure the PC Card / USB Modem.

Start Device Manager.

• Windows 7
    • Click Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Device Manager.

Click on the link below on using device manager.

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=20416

0 Likes
Re: VZAccess Manager install hangs looking for previous versions of software
jwwilhit

Yes...I understand that and that is exactly what I did.  I went ahead and looked at the device manager as you suggested and all is present and not in an error state.  As I stated earlier, the drivers seem to install just fine.  It's the actual step of installing the VZAcessManager interface software that seems to hang for some unknown reason.

I actually found an older version of VZAccessManager on CD and it installed just fine and the modem worked as well.  However, the software informed me that I needed to upgrade to the latest version of VZAccessManger so I selected the download/install option.  The software downloaded, proceeded to install the updated drivers and hung at the same spot as mentioned in my earlier post.

I unistalled everything and am currently using the older version of the software (which isn't even built for Windows 7).  Very dissappointing installation process.

0 Likes