VZAccess Manager issue since firmware update
Sinmarshall

Since I installed the firmware update for verizons USB modem I have been experinecing some issues. 

My device will go dormant while using it and do some thing ive never seen since using the modem before. The bars that are supposed to show my reception go gray, and the bar above my connection status goes blank.

The only solution to this that ive found is to disconnect, and detect the device (twice) then I can reconnect. Everything is usually fine for about 10 mins and then I must repeat the proccess.

Note that I am still connected throughout all of this but I cannot see my reception.

heres a pic of what im experiencing: http://img43.imageshack.us/f/vzah.jpg/

0 Likes
Re: VZAccess Manager issue since firmware update
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

First lets make sure that you have the most recent PRL update on your device.   

Ensure that the PC card / USB modem is inserted into the computer.

If using a notebook with an embedded module ensure the wireless radio is powered on.

Open VZAccess Manager.

From the Windowsdesktop navigate: Start > Programs (All Programs) > VZAccess Manager

From the Macintoshdesktop navigate: Finder > Applications > VZAccess Manager

From the Linuxdesktop navigate: Applications > Internet > VZAccess Manager

From the VZAccess Manager top menu, navigate Options > Activation.

The indicator on the picture you provided shows that you have a very low signal. 

Try going to options in VZAccess Manager on the tool bar, then refresh signal levels.  

Full signal strengthSignal meter showing full signal

Low signal strength

Signal meter showing a low signal
0 Likes