VZN doesn't try to sign me up???
z4alltelz

This really cracks me up!  Signed on with Alltel just about two years ago... and my present contract expires in the first week of May 2011... like a few days from now...

Absolutely no one from Verizon Wireless has contacted me... in any way... to offer me any sort of deal to sign up with VZN for high speed internet/broadband...

Do you think that VZN has some sort of memory, or notes and comments in my account file... that says something like... "don't even contact this guy, at all... he knows all about technical issues... and he posts critical complaints here and elsewhere... we don't need these kinds of customers at VZN"!

Not that I would sign on with Verizon Wireless... but it does seem strange to me that they don't even give it a try... and... btw, I suppose I will be locked out of this forum very soon... and my posts deleted... so... have fun... I feel sorry for those of you who are clueless technically... post here about problems, outages, and failures in the Verizon Wireless Network... keep after them, bless y'all!

0 Likes
Re: VZN doesn't try to sign me up???
rcschnoor
Legend

z4alltelz wrote:

This really cracks me up!  Signed on with Alltel just about two years ago... and my present contract expires in the first week of May 2011... like a few days from now...

Absolutely no one from Verizon Wireless has contacted me... in any way... to offer me any sort of deal to sign up with VZN for high speed internet/broadband...

Do you think that VZN has some sort of memory, or notes and comments in my account file... that says something like... "don't even contact this guy, at all... he knows all about technical issues... and he posts critical complaints here and elsewhere... we don't need these kinds of customers at VZN"!

Not that I would sign on with Verizon Wireless... but it does seem strange to me that they don't even give it a try... and... btw, I suppose I will be locked out of this forum very soon... and my posts deleted... so... have fun... I feel sorry for those of you who are clueless technically... post here about problems, outages, and failures in the Verizon Wireless Network... keep after them, bless y'all!

I'm not exactly sure what this message is supposed to be about.

Are you saying that you were with Alltel and your contract was sold to Verizon?

If the answer is yes, then you will continue to be a Verizon customer AFTER your contract expires, UNLESS you call Verizon and cancel your account. You will continue on at the same rate that you are currently paying until you make any changes. That is the way cellular contracts work.

If the answer to the question is no, then I am unsure why you are posting this question.

0 Likes
z4alltelz

yes.... it is obvious that you don't understand the post... or that my contract which was with alltel runs out, without verizon picking it up... or that i am a wireless modem user, as noted in my information top left of the post... not cellular... 

yeah... you don't understand the point i made that verizon wireless has not tried to get me signed up with verizon wireless as my current contract expires in a few days... which happened when verizon wireless bought alltel wireless in most areas almost two years ago...

yeah... how do you get your silver contributor plastic button???  by making so many posts and replies, whether you understand... or not???

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

z4alltelz wrote:

yes.... it is obvious that you don't understand the post... or that my contract which was with alltel runs out, without verizon picking it up... If you are making payments to Verizon, then Verizon DID PICK UP YOUR CONTRACT. You are now a Verizon customer that used to be an Alltel customer. When your contract runs out, you will still be a Verizon customer(month to month) under the same contract terms that you had UNTIL YOU CANCEL YOUR SERVICE OR SIGN ANOTHER CONTRACT  or that i am a wireless modem user, as noted in my information top left of the post... not cellular... A wireless modem is actually a cellular modem, and you are in fact a cellular customer.

yeah... you don't understand the point i made that verizon wireless has not tried to get me signed up with verizon wireless as my current contract expires in a few days... which happened when verizon wireless bought alltel wireless in most areas almost two years ago...Once again, when Verizon bought Alltel and you started making payments to Verizon, YOU BECAME A VERIZON CUSTOMER. When your contract runs out, YOU WILL STILL BE A VERIZON CUSTOMER UNLESS YOU TAKE STEPS TO CANCEL YOUR SERVICE. Verizon does not have to do anything to keep you signed up, you already are. When your contract runs out, you will just be a month to month customer instead of a contract customer, unless, of course, YOU TAKE STEPS TO CANCEL YOUR SERVICE. Verizon doesn't really care if you are under contract or on a month to month basis, they still get your money.

yeah... how do you get your silver contributor plastic button???  by making so many posts and replies, whether you understand... or not??? In a box of Cracker Jacks!!!!!

I understand your post, I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE POINT OF THE POST. When Verizon bought Alltel, you became a Verizon customer. Yes, when your contract runs out, you will still be a Verizon customer whether or not Verizon tries to sign you, UNLESS YOU TAKE STEPS TO CANCEL YOUR CONTRACT. You will be under the same terms as when you had the contract, except that you will be able to leave at any time without an ETF.

As far as I know, I don't believe that Verizon contacts any customers when their contracts are close to expiring. They are aware that most customers will either 1)get a new phone and sign a new contract on their own, 2)continue on under the same terms of their contract as a month to month customer, or 3)leave Verizon and switch to another cellular provider.

The vast majority of customers will fall into the first two categories, although It sounds as if you are going to fall into the 3rd category. It seems, though, that you are feeling slighted by Verizon not trying to entice you into signing a new contract. Don't worry, it is nothing against you. Hope you are treated better with your new cellular provider.

0 Likes
lookinforanswer
Contributor - Level 2

Right on rc.....You are absolutely correct.  Guess the techy part doesn't get the Admin. part......lol

0 Likes