Verizon 3G Scheduled SLOW DOWNs (imo)
z4alltel

:smileymad:

NOTE: I GET A VERY STRONG SIGNAL HERE IN A FORMER ALLTEL TOWN... IT'S NOT ABOUT ME, VERIZON!!!

just take my word for it... as a former alltel unlimited broadband... using the usb huawei ec168 evdo modem ... service (here in northeast oklahoma) has degraded to poor, much of the time... JUST SINCE THE COMPLETED TAKEOVER!  as a retired sr. tech in computers and electronics... this is what i am seeing: ONLY DURING heavy traffic on the Verizon 3G... that is... from sunday evenings, through friday evenings... from about 8pm to 11pm (cst)... the bandwidth speed constantly drops from 3G, down to 1xrtt (even D0!), which is a small fraction of what 3G bandwidth speed should be... normally is!  now, verizon would love to say that i have a problem here with my modem, my pc... NO WAY!!!  i can sit here and change nothing and watch the speed drop from okay 3G to very slow, slower than a dialup modem... over and over and over and over again... i would like to know how many other Verizon broadband users have seen this same issue where they live??? why should we be paying for Verizon 3G speed, and end up getting something that is not even close???  i have to wonder if ATT and SPRINT are having these kinds of issues on their networks???  i don't think so!!!  personally, i think that escalating our complaints, and spreading the word as much as we can... is the only answer!!!  at least, until my two-year contract runs out... and i switch to one of the other two... even if i have to move to get reliable, fast broadband... let us know if you are getting slowdowns scheduled by Verizon, thx!

:smileysurprised:

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes