Verizon Broadband & The Mississsippi River.
Macriver
Enthusiast - Level 3
I work on the Barges that ply the Mississippi Rivers. I can say that I have got out on Verizon wireless broadband with my Macbook when others had no cell service or other wireless ISP signal. The Mississippi River that runs from St louis, MO to St. Paul MN run thru alot of rural areas that have no other ISP service but I always seem to get out with my USB-720 modem. The Illinois River runs thru even more rural areas than the Mississippi River does. I have found only one or two areas that I can't get out  but this is just my modem running to a outside window. I'm sure If I had a extended attenna that I would even get out in those very rural places. I will say that Verizon gets out when other ISP (not saying any name's) have no signal what's so ever.
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Broadband & The Mississsippi River.
ulfj
I live in a rural area and I can get my USB-720 to work (altho sluggish most of the time, still faster than dial-up which is the only other option other than satallite) just plugging it into my laptop doesn't work,but use that extender cable they send you and it does work.now to get my cell to work here.Any ideas folks? don't mean to hijack this thread just wondering.
0 Likes