Verizon Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot 890L. Is there a problem with Windows 7?????
wellsey2

I have Verizon Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot 890L. Have had it for almost 2 years. I was on the internet with my Dell desktop and all of a sudden got a message "not connected to Internet". Spent an hour with Verizon and the Jetpack works fine on my NOOK and another tablet and they said to call Dell. After an hour with them they said Windows 7 is not compatible with a HotSpot and they do not support it.  I had a friend check out my computer (as Dell wanted over $200) and found nothing wrong and it connected fine to his wifi, with no problem.  So HELP what is wrong with my Verizon Hotspot??

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot 890L. Is there a problem with Windows 7?????
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

I don't see that anything is wrong with your Hotspot from the description you posted here.

First of all the network status indicator built by Win7 is not 100% reliable to begin with.  MS has a simple algorithm that it uses to check internet resources.  When those resources do not respond the status indicator will bounce back and update the user accordingly.  You should always perform your own internet check by manually navigating to Google.com or another public website rather than depend on what Win7 is telling you.

Second of all you know your Jetpack was working because your other personal devices were working.  This makes me think there was some kind of a temporary glitch that would normally be resolved by rebooting either the Jetpack or your PC.

Finally, Dell does not support VZW devices.  When they say the hotspot is not supported they mean Dell does not support VZW products.  You may have misinterpreted what was said.  Dell is only going to support the Dell PC hardware and very basic Win7 problems such as walking you though the connection process.  When something is wrong with the network connection they will always tell you that it is not supported as they have no control over 3rd party vendors.  Win7 supports the Jetpack just fine, the Jetpack is a WiFi hotspot just like any other from Win7s perspective.

If you are having more troubles in the future then I suggest starting with a simple reboot of your devices.  Post back to us here and let us know if that is the case or not.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot 890L. Is there a problem with Windows 7?????
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wellsey2,

I am so sorry to hear that you are no longer able to connect to your Jetpack on your Dell laptop. Around the time that your were no longer able to connect had your compter done an new software updates? Have to tried a restore and reboot on your jetpack? If you navigate to 192.168.1 on your browser and sign in choose the option for Advanced. From Advance choose Restore & Reboot and then select Restore.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes