Verizon Jetpack 4GLTE Mobile Hotspot MIFI4510L consistantly starts with or drops to 3G. Any suggestions?
JohnArthur

Any help or suggestions why this occurs would be appreciated.

JAL

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Jetpack 4GLTE Mobile Hotspot MIFI4510L consistantly starts with or drops to 3G.  Any suggestions?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JohnArthur, I too would be concerned with that type of behavior through the hotspot device. Let's do all we can to keep the service consistently at 4G

John Getzke provided great tips, as well as great questions for troubleshooting. Have you noticed an improvement with your devices service?

Just in case, what zip code are you located in?

Please keep us posted!

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Jetpack 4GLTE Mobile Hotspot MIFI4510L consistantly starts with or drops to 3G.  Any suggestions?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Remove your SIM card and let the device rest unpowered for 60 seconds.

If that doesn't work then try performing a reset by pressing the restore defaults button under the back cover.

Anything after that would need to verify the 4G LTE network is working correctly by either using another 4G LTE device or by traveling to another area where you know the service is working and see if the problem follows you around.

If your antenna has been damaged in any way then you will have to service the Jetpack to get it connected again.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JohnArthur, I too would be concerned with that type of behavior through the hotspot device. Let's do all we can to keep the service consistently at 4G

John Getzke provided great tips, as well as great questions for troubleshooting. Have you noticed an improvement with your devices service?

Just in case, what zip code are you located in?

Please keep us posted!

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Jetpack 4GLTE Mobile Hotspot MIFI4510L consistantly starts with or drops to 3G. Any suggestions?
JohnArthur

Removed SIM card as suggested and for now seems to be on and staying on 4G.  My zip code is 21757 and I receive from 2 to 4 bars at different times.  Hope this has corrected the problem.  Thank you.

John Arthur

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Jetpack 4GLTE Mobile Hotspot MIFI4510L consistantly starts with or drops to 3G. Any suggestions?
JohnArthur

Thank you for your suggestions -- for now seems to have corrected the problem.  Happy Thanksgiving.

John Arthur

0 Likes