Verizon Jetpack Usage doubled overnight!
shylev33
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have 18G Usage, but this Past Month Bill, billing cycle January 17th to February 17th 2013, I  just received No Usage warnings! Never saw a 50%, 75%, or 90% usage Percentages!!! grrrr and then I got and OUTRAGEOUS Bill saying I used 40G = $474.14 I called Verizon and told them to cut my bill down to the agreed billing of $100 plus $20 fee and taxes or I will refuse to pay and will get an attorney to investigate this bogus overage. The Tech guy said he Can Not test my Jetpack, that he could not bounce a signal off my device like DSL and Cable Companies can do with thier modems. He said all he can do is confirm usage.

The sad thing is that Proves my case, is that I was never received the 50%, 75%, or 90% or You might be charged overages on next bill TEXT Warnings! So, Case should be closed! and bill should be reduced to less than $130. right? Not what the Verizon Technican told me. Maybe there is a hack involved? Because already less than 10 days into a new billing cycle according to verizon operator and online www.verizonwireIess.com I apparently have Already used 75% of my 18G Usage as of Feb 25th, 2013. I call this Hog Wash! I been hacked! By whom? By what? well all I know my Computer is Clean of any viruses and malware! How do I know? I clean and repair computers for a living.

Oct.17th - Nov.16th $140.

then Nov.17th - Dec.16th $130.

then Dec.17th - Jan.16th $160.

BUT!!! Jan.17th - Feb.16th $474.14 !!! I call Balony Sandwiches!

I bought my Verizon Jetpack Wireless Hotspot unit in the Middle of October 2012 and first bill was all messed up. I started with 6G and then finally stopped at 18G being a comfortable level. Verizon fixed the errors on my billing.  Because I was told, I can keep adding usage time and that there would be no xtra charges for upgrading, balony. Well you are allowed actually only One Free upgrade per month and backdated only once per month on billing cycle. Also, If I wanted to downgrade minutes, I could, but would not go into affect untill the next billing cycle. I received Usage warnings every billing cycle ever since October 2012. It starts at 50%, then 75%, then 91% and then it says On your Next bill you might see Overage Usage Charges on your next Bill.

So, what Legal Help can I get? Cause I am not gonna stand for this.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Jetpack Usage doubled overnight!
shylev33
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually NOW! my Jetpack Usage QUADROOPLED, not just doubled or tripled! Funny thing is, I am using my internet LESS than I did in December, so EXPLAIN that!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's quadrupled.

By the way, are you using the jetpack to access the VZW community tonight?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
shylev33
Enthusiast - Level 3

HUH? ??? what is VZW Community? I use my jetpack to veiw emails, go on craigslist to sell my computers and PC Repair services and play Combat arms. PLUS! only I use the jetpack and no one else.

0 Likes
shylev33
Enthusiast - Level 3

Examples of My Good Data Habits:

1. Avoid Video, use low def options if necessary
  2. Avoid Streaming music, use low def options if necessary
  3. Avoid High-res pictures, use low def options if necessary
  4. Close down your applications when you are done using them
  5. Disconnect from the device when you are not using it
  6. Check in on your usage frequently until you understand what impact your habbits have on the plan
  7. Turn off automatic updates for any programs or services
  8. Secure your device by changing the default connection credentials to custom values
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

shylev33 wrote:

HUH? ??? what is VZW Community? I use my jetpack to veiw emails, go on craigslist to sell my computers and PC Repair services and play Combat arms. PLUS! only I use the jetpack and no one else.

You are posting on the the VZW community (Verizon Wireless Community Forum). It is a peer to peer customer forum viewable to the public.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
shylev33
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sad thing is I did NOT receive data Usage reports saying 50%, 75%, 90% or "You might have overage charges" sent to my Jetpack or online verizon account from January 17th 2013 to February 16th, 2013 Billing Period. Not a single Warning! So anyone that have any Real helpful Legal advice, would be very much appreciated, Thanks.

Message was edited by: Lance

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

shylev33 wrote:

Sad thing is I did NOT receive data Usage reports saying 50%, 75%, 90% or chance overage charges sent to my Jetpack or online verizon account from January 17th 2013 to February 16th, 2013. Not a single Warning! So anyone that have any Real helpful Legal advice would be appreciated, Thanks.

You said that before in your original post.

Have you made it a habit to check out your usage through your MyVerizon account on a weekly basis?

0 Likes
shylev33
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is my first night EVER posting anything on any commununity website in over 3 years. I joined the Verizon Forums just 3 hours ago for the first time ever, Right after I got off the phone from Verizon Tech support and billing Department and they said they will call me back in 48 hours. So after the phone call to them I came here to Verizon Forums to look and get answers for receiving my OUTRAGEOUS Verizon Jetpack Bill that was 4 times what I normally pay!

0 Likes
shylev33
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was barely using my Internet last month and I check my usage every month for text messages from Verizon and never receved a single message, I check my jetpack once every few days. I just figured and never went over the 50% mark.

Plus,  Just a couple hours ago the Verizon Operator & Technican that I am already less than 8 days into a new billing cycle my jetpack and online www.verizonwireIess.com account says I have Already used 75% of my 18G Usage as of Feb 25th, 2013, just 8 days into New Billing Cycle.

Can U explain that to me?

I call this Hog Wash! I been hacked! By whom? By what? well all I know my Computer is Clean of any viruses and malware! How do I know? I clean and repair computers for a living.

0 Likes