Re: Verizon Jetpack Usage doubled overnight!
RidgeRider
Contributor - Level 3

I sent you a follow message. Click accept and then send me a direct message and I will tell you what some of us are doing. Wade

shylev33
Enthusiast - Level 3

What legal rights do I have... because I never received usage updates for Jan 17 to Feb 16 2013. So by rights since I did not even get a 50% usage warning and knew I was using less internet compared to how much I was online the previous usage time period. I only figured I never got near the 50% point of my bandwidth.

0 Likes
shylev33
Enthusiast - Level 3

So far, I still owe close to $500, which is way too much money for Usage I swear, I never used, and all last billing period month from Jan 17th, 2013 to Feb 16th, 2013 ... I never received the normal 50%, 75%, 90%, or "You might owe overages on you next bill" Usage Warnings.

Additionally, since I never received a 50% warning and knew in my heart I was using the internet less than usual, that I was going to be charged for unused Usage and still be billed my normal $120. plus taxes. Wow, was I wrong. But sad thing, it was way more wrong that Verizon never sent text messages of percentages of what level my uasge was at, at no point all last billing period, then on top of that over charge me. grrrrrrr

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't have to repeat what you have written at least FOUR times in this discussion about never receiving the warning alerts.

Yes or no. Did you ever set up your MyVerizon account online for those alert messages? I know that I can set mine up on my account, but I haven't done so yet.

You could have also been proactive and manually checked the account at halfway through the billing cycle or sooner if you want.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
montereyone
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon has a usage problem with the Jetpack 4620 devices they are reselling. As it is 100% in their favor they have no incentive to fix the problem as they merrily take your money to the bank and issue nice bonus checks for their executives. OK to steal if you are a banker, stock broker, politician, loan officer, as we have seen over the past 5 years but now it appears to be legal to pad usage bills by Verizon. Verizon is not alone. I was overcharged 6 out of the first 7 months with AT&T for their wireless service. Each time it took an hour on the phone to get the overcharged amounts corrected. After the 7th month I gave up and cancelled my service with them. Ever notice that the billing errors are always in favor of the telco? If the Verizon usage applications understated usage and reduced revenue you can bet your life it would be fixed in a heartbeat and heads would roll.

The only course of action is to leave Verizon and go to Millenicom which uses the Verizon network and does not seem to be stealing from its customers as Verizon has clearly been doing for many months.

RidgeRider
Contributor - Level 3

Well said. And obviously very true. I will check out Millenicom. I also post on facebook the links that tell what Verizon is doing.to their customers. I also send emails to my "friends" group and ask them to forward to their email friends.

In addition, you might want to file an FCC complaint. Absolutely nothing happened when I did, but some have reported a little response.

I also sent a letter to the Verizon CEO. I got some response, but they didn't do much except give me a $50 credit on a computer exam that Ben, the tech, insisted that I do. (My computer was found to be o.k.)

I also got a few dollars, I think $30, on my overage charges, but had to do without service for over 3 weeks because I was in overage condition on the second day of my billing cycle

<< Comments and proprietary information removed to comply with >>

Then again, I doubt anyone working for a cooperation that treats their customers like Verizon Wireless does has a conscience. At least the people that are aware of what they are doing. I went to work for AT&T in 1983, and at that time they were a great cooperation to work for. Montereyone is the latest of a few people I have heard bad-mouth them lately. Wade

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
RidgeRider
Contributor - Level 3

I checked out Montereyone, but they don't offer 4G service to my address, only basic plan and 3G service. Odd. Maybe they didn't want to contract with Verizon because I live in the middle of nowhere.

Anybody else have any suggestions? I'm tired of trying. Wade

0 Likes
montereyone
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you have a friend with a smartphone and a 4G service plan they can go to your house and see what the signal strength is in your area. No bars you are not likely to get service. Two bars and the signal strength can be boosted with an external antenna. If the antenna alone is not enough then a $200 RF booster will do the trick. But there has to be some level of signal to gain or boost in the first place.

For what it is worth when I look at the last 12 months of activity by Millenicom customers using the 4620L for accessing the Verizonwireless network I have not seen a single complaint about usage problems or overcharges. It may be that with the $70 a month no contract Millenicom plan providing 20GB that far fewer people hit the cap or it may be that the overbilling of 4620L users is due entirely to the computer systems operating inside Verizon's billing department.

Based on my decades in the IT industry and working with Fortune 100 companies I would expect that the management at Verizonwireless are well aware of the overbilling and have purposely not taken steps to fix a problem that is generating so much revenue for the company.

0 Likes
RidgeRider
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks for the information. I'll try it.

I got an email from Verizon saying you had accepted my follow request. I tried to direct message you just now and it says I am following you, but doesn't allow me to direct mail you. Nothing new with that. It also gave me your full name. That is usually an indicator that I can direct mail you. It just depends on which way the wind is blowing. Wade

0 Likes
shylev33
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Operator on the third day said the maximum she was allowed to offer for Credit on the $345 overage charges of the total $474.14 Bill was only a $90 Credit. I told her to get me a Manager and not a Supervisor. She said thier Supervisors are managers. So I said I want The Manager of the Managers, I was told they would call me back when when was available, I was told this around 2:30 pm Central time zone. The phone rang sometime around 4:45 pm and I was outside shoveling and my 65 yr old elderly mother on Oxygen was too exausted to walk 20 feet to the phone to answer and no message was left. So far as I know, a Verizon Manger never called me, this was 2 days ago. grrrrrrrr